190 Pro-V prop help

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bass boats.

190 Pro-V prop help

Postby markdenisr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:56 pm

I need a little prop help. I have a 190 Pro-V with a 200 Mercury XRI. I just put this motor on and have two props to try. One is a Trophy 26p 4-blade, the other is a Tempest Plus 25p 3-blade. I know different props and boat setups are required to fine the best solution, but I would appreciate a little help, or past experience with either one of these props that may be the best for this boat and motor.
Thanks, Mark
markdenisr

Re: 190 Pro-V prop help

Postby markdenisr » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:53 am

This is an update to my first post. I ran the 4-blade prop with the motor adjusted so high it lost water pressure the instant I touched the trim, and also ran it as far as 2 inches below the pad and all positions in between. (center of prop shaft). The problem I have is the most I can trim in up is about 2 notches on the trim gauge, less than half way, and not much more than half throttle before it gets silly wild. I estimate the speed before all this starts happening is around 55-60mph. I have lots of throttle and trim left, but there is no way to stay in the boat to get close to the speed this boat will go. Yes, I can flick the steering wheel when it first starts coming off pad, but as soon as you give it a bit more gas or trim it just gets worse. There is no way an experienced driver can overcome this issue...it is just to severe!

All the testing was done with just myself in the boat, full fishing gear, passenger gas tank completely full, and equipment reasonably position in the boat to help level it out. I have owned several high performance bass boats and this is by far the worst performing one I have ever had.

What am I doing wrong? Is this a common problem with these boats? Any suggestions on what to do to correct it?

Thanks, Mark
markdenisr

Postby markdenisr » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:29 am

I forgot to add that the boat has a 10" Rapid Jack jackplate.
Mark
markdenisr

Postby lwiley » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:41 pm

I own the exact same setup that you have and yes this is a problem if your boat isn't properly set up. Blazer is an extremely light hull but handle as good or better than any boat I've set in, if set up properly. Without a doubt your motor is setting to far up on the jack plate which is causing to much lift. Something to try, lower you motor to where your exhaust port is parallel with the bottom of the hull. This should take most of the swirl out of the ride. I would recommend a 25p 4 blade for your rig. This will give average hole shot with above average top speed. You will still experience some chime but with torque steering and some test runs you'll have it down.
''
lwiley

Return to Bass Boats