Shell Beach Report

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Re: Shell Beach Report

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:48 pm

Good day at the Beach Wednesday. Mike Harris brought his nephew Cody Fricke for a graduation present fishing trip and Mike's son in law Matt Guerin joined them. After a stop by Campo's for their famous live shrimp we headed straight for the Sound. It was a little bit of a bumpy ride to our first stop. This rig only produced few sailcats, so off to the next rig. We got set up, threw out live shrimp under a cork and it was on. Trout after Trout were coming over the rail. I even joined in on the action and we finished them off by 9:30. By then the wind picked up and it got sloppy out there. We headed on into the marsh to look for a few Reds and the crew added plenty more meat to the box. Total take for the day was 100 pretty Trout, 13 Reds, 7 Drum, and 2 Heads. It was a fun day and it was great to fish with Mike again. He will be back in a couple weeks for another round.

The Speckled Trout bite is red hot right now along with lots of Reds in the marsh, and will stay that way for the rest of the summer. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
http://www.unitedcharters.com

First class speckled trout and redfish
fishing charters in Shell Beach, Louisiana
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Hot fishing on the Beach Saturday. I had the pleasure of having Jeff and Walter on the boat. Armed with plenty of Campo's live shrimp we headed straight out to the Sound. After a bumpy ride we got to a rig I caught them on the day before. Another boat got there at the same time, but they did not setup where I wanted so we tied off and sent the baits to the bottom. The guys were hauling in pretty Trout one after the other, and the other boat was doing the same. The action got interrupted a couple times by some big Reds, one that we kept and another that was way too big to keep. The Sherphead were also thick. I joined in and 5 trout short of our limits the bite died for the Trout, but the heads still ate up. With only a few shrimp left we made a stop close to the house and they picked up a few more Reds and Drum. Fun day with great guys and stuffed fish box. Total for the day was 70 Trout, 34 Heads, 4 Reds, and 3 Drum.

The Speckled Trout bite is red hot right now along with lots of Reds in the marsh, and will stay that way for the rest of the summer. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:29 pm

A few tough days on the Beach. Thursday I had the Herrmann group. We headed out into the Sound with a little bit of a bumpy ride out. We made lots of stops and found only a few Trout at each stop, but they were nice fish. We found more teeth and Ladyfish than Trout out there. Lots of sharks and big Drum and Reds too. Our last stop produced the most Trout. It was a slow bite, but the Trout were all big. One of those quality over quantity days with 38 Trout, 10 Heads, and 1 Red. The Trout alone over filled a 5 gallon bucket with fillets. As usual it was a fun day with these guys that fish with my regularly.

Friday I had the Dan Robichaux group. There was no rain when we left the dock, but by the time we got Eloi it was coming fast. We made one stop in Eloi that produced nothing, then we ran from the ran. Tried to go around it, but that was not an option. With the wind picking up we headed for the marsh and got to fish for Reds for a little while, putting 4 nice ones on ice. I checked the radar and saw some bad weather coming at us fast. We decided to head to Breton Sound Marina to let it pass and try to go out again. Well we did not leave early enough. Good thing we were in a canal close to there when all hell broke loose. There were winds of 50+ and 3 footers in the canal. We waited a while at BSM and when the rain slowed down we decided to pull the plug on the day with even more bad weather coming. The guys have rescheduled another day to try again.

Saturday I helped Capt. Kerry with a big group that was fishing a rodeo. I asked my crew if the wanted to go for size or numbers, and they all sad size. We headed deep into the Sound and found the Trout bite slow, but the giant Reds, Sharks, Spanish, and Ladyfish were nuts. Went trough a lot of hooks and leaders. One of the crew even caught the first Cobia of this year, but it was too small to keep. It sure gave us a thrill as we all thought he had one hell of a Trout on the line till we got it boat side and saw what it was. We made several moves out there, but never got on a good Trout bite, but did manage to. catch the first place Trout in the rodeo. We made a move closer in and got on a really fast Trout bite, but lots of undersized fish. We left them biting to make in for the weigh in with 58 Trout, 2 Reds worth keeping, and 2 Heads.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:03 pm

Long day at the Beach Wednesday. I picked up Jim Walther, his son Brandon, and friend Mike from Jim's camp. We headed out into the Sound and it was like glass. We were not alone out there, boats were everywhere. At our first few stops the Bull Reds would not leave us alone. They managed to get 2 of them worth keeping and releasing the other gorillas. After fighting as many as the guys could stand we ran all over the place looking for a Trout bite. We covered a lot of water with lots of stops and by noon we only had 4 Trout, and some Heads on ice. Finally at one rig they got the Trout count up to 13 on a slow bite. We ran to one more rig and it started out slow, but then the Trout went nuts. It was an hour of solid fast action, then as fast as it started it ended, but not till the guys caught their limits. I joined in the action a little catching some to take to the house. We ended up with 85 pretty Trout, 2 Reds, 8 Heads, and 1 Drum.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Windy day at the Beach today. I picked up Jim Walther and his guests Gary and Kelly from his camp in Fort Beauregard. It was nice and calm when we left, but as we got out to Black Bay the wind was kicking. We made a couple of stops, but the waves and dirty water were too much. With only two keeper Trout in the box, I decided to change gears and headed back to the MRGO. We made a couple stops along the rocks and picked away at the Trout. Fishing with Campo's live shrimp 3' under a cork the guys fished through lots of throw backs, but the keepers were nice and with the wind we did not have many options, so we stuck with it. Number 75 along with 1 Reds hit the ice at 11:00, and with the heat coming on we headed to the house.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Saturday report from the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with James Shepherd, his daughter Reine, his brother Pat and his son Pat Jr. We were greeted by a stiff NE wind as we left Campo's, so I headed over to Lake Fortuna where we would have some protection from it. Fishing with live shrimp 3' under a cork the crew put some good Trout on ice, but after a while the small trout took over. Next we headed over to the Rocks, and did nothing. The wind was dying down some so we headed out into Bay Eloi. At our first stop out there we got on a good bite, getting the body count up to just under 80. The Trout eventually started getting small, so with not many baits left we made a move to another rig. The Trout at this rig were nicer, and the crew fished till all the shrimp were gone, and the kids were worn out. The Shrimp Creole Matrix Shad also put many fish in the box. Total for the day was 112 trout and a ton of fun.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:25 am

Fun day on the Beach Tuesday with the Jim Walther group. Got on some nice big Trout after a slow start in Eloi. After heading deeper into the Sound the Trout were slamming the Campo's live croakers 4' under a cork. They started out on live shrimp, but once we started throwing the croakers the Trout really only wanted them. Had a few monster Reds mixed in that were released and one smaller Red that is now headed for the grill. The thunder was getting closer and the winds started to kick up so we called it a day early to beat the storms in.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:17 am

Nasty weather and nice fish at the Beach Wednesday. I had the Jeff Held group on board and things looked great as we left Campo's. There was no wind and the water was like glass, but lots of lightening to the south. As we got closer to the outside you could feel the winds were picking up. We tried to head out to the Sound where I left them biting the day before, but as we hit the cut in the Rocks I knew we had better change plans. The storms were coming our way fast and the wind was howling. We headed over to a rig in Eloi where the rocks gave us some protection from the wind. The guys immediately started putting Trout in the boat, but before long the rain caught up with us, so we hunkered down and let the rain pass and hoped it would take the wind with it. It took some of it, but left enough behind to keep us stuck in Eloi. We bounced around a couple other rigs picking up some good Trout, but lots of throw backs and croakers were burning up our bait fast. Finally around mid morning the wind started to lay down so with no much bait left we made our move to the Sound. Right off the bat Jeff's dad pulls in a nice big Trout, then another. They were fishing with live shrimp 3' under a cork. It looked like the Trout were gong to turn on, but they only would tease us. The guys would put a few in fast then the bite would stop, then after a while we would get another flurry then a break in the action. This continued till we ran out of bait and called it a day. They finished up with 55 pretty Trout, 2 Reds, and 6 Heads.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Perilloux crew hits the Beach Friday. Robert Perilloux brought four of his sons down for some fishing fun. They have fished with me for several years now. We headed straight to a well head in the Sound and right from the start the guys had Trout flying into the boat. We started out fishing with Campo's live shrimp 3' under a cork. The bite was going good till another boat came in too fast, then after a couple failed anchoring attempts they ended up right on top of the fish killing the bite. After they left in shame we switched to fishing on the bottom and continued to pick away, weeding through a lot of bait stealing croakers and channel mullets. Out of bait we made a move closer to the MRGO and I switched everyone to Matrix Shads. They put some more Trout on ice finishing of their limits then one of the guys hooked into something big. Turned out to be a big Jack that was released after a photo op. It was another fun day of fishing with Robert and his boys.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Late report for Wednesday from the Beach. Onboard I had Gary and Richard. The wind was blowing pretty good out of the NW so we started out fishing with Campo's live shrimp 3' under a cork along a lee shoreline in Lake Fortuna. There was plenty of action, but lots of small Trout to weed through. We made a move out to a rig and got on a decent bite of some nicer fish. Here they wanted it on the bottom with a Carolina rig. There were a ton of big Sailcats in and one big Red that bro he off on the rig between the Trout. Once that bite slowed down we headed out into the Sound since the winds were laying down. We got set up on the up current side of a rig and fished on the bottom. Here they wanted the bait hopped along the bottom and they would hit it as the bail fell. The Trout were really nice and the box was looking pretty good. As the tide slowed, so did the bite. Out of bait and tide we tried plastics, but they would have nothing of it. By now the wind died to nothing so we headed to the house in slick calm water with 65 pretty Trout, 6 Heads, and 1Drum on ice. Good day with some great guys.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay were caught on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove. The Speckled Trout bite is red hot right now along with lots of Reds in the marsh, and will stay that way for the rest of the summer. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

PreviousNext

Return to Bay Boats