Cajun Anchor Storage

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Cajun Anchor Storage

Postby pangea » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Anyone have any suggestions storing a cajun anchor on their Blazer? I have a 2200 and am starting to wish the boat had built in holders in the gunnels. I'm thinking about mounting a PVC "sheath" vertically in one of the rod holders. It's the only idea I've got right now and I don't want to have to open one of the front rod lockers every time I want to use it, kinda defeats the purpose.

Pangea
pangea

Re: Cajun Anchor Storage

Postby dyepac » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:03 pm

on the 2200 do you have a drain in the deck or the scauppers in the back wall
2220 pro,yammie 225 vmax...seafoam green
dyepac

Postby pangea » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:09 pm

Drain on the center of the back deck behind leaning post, not the two drains on either side.
pangea

Postby dyepac » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:08 pm

panga
here ia a post from eariler in the year..this might help you might have to pm him to see if you can get a picture to help better understand

As an 186 BB owner, I have come across the same issue. For the marsh anchor, I have it mounted across the back of the boat just in front of the rear casting deck. It rests about 1/2" in front of the rear casting deck and it sets just below the upper surface of the casting deck. There is a small flat triangular shaped area on the port and starboard sides in front of the rear storage areas. I mounted a stainless steel bracket on each of these. My marsh anchor (the heavy type - 1" diameter) fits neatly into these brackets. When I am under power, the anchor stays secure, and it is easily accessible, yet completely out of the way when not in use.

As far as a paddle, I have two collapsible paddles I keep in my forward storage. My landing net is collapsible as well, and I keep it under my rear casting deck. I have located a collapsible push pole from Cabella's but I think it is too long. I plan to modify my existing two piece push pole by turning it into a 4 piece pole that I can store.

Hope this helps!
dyepac

Postby dyepac » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:09 pm

i just tie mine to the center clete and lay it in the boat and it rides there all day. stake it down when i need to

dyepac
dyepac

Postby Chad Dufrene » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:10 pm

I have mine stored in a 2 inch PVC pipe and I have the PVC tied to the cleat in the middle of the boat along the gunnel. The front part of the PVC is tied up high near the cleat and I have a cap on the bottom end with foam tie wrapped around the bottom and resting on the floor. This acts like a sheath for a sword and keeps the mud out of the boat. It also keeps the cajun anchor from rolling around and damage your boat. I can take a picture and send it to you if you need to see it. Email me at dufrenesguideservice@yahoo.com and I'll get you a pic by the weekend if you want to see it.
Chad Dufrene

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:34 pm

This is some thing I have been going over in my head since considering the 2400 Blazer. MY current boat has under the gunnel rod holders on each side. I modified one side to hold my rig hook and the other side holds both my Cajun anchor (stainless spear) and my CoonAss anchor (10' long 2" PVC). I was figuring on attatching a piece of Starboard with 5200 to the inside of the hull at the points marked in the photo then screwing rod holders to the starboard pieces. Looks like Capt. Chad has a good idea.

http://www.unitedcharters.com
First class speckled trout and redfish
fishing charters in Shell Beach, Louisiana
Capt. Rory Rorison

Return to Bay Boats