Shell Beach Report

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Re: Shell Beach Report

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:13 am

Nasty weather, but fun Friday at the Beach. Ben Smith brought his son Drake and his brother Greg down for some action. The trip was a birthday present for Drake who turned 7 the next day. There was rain on its way and the wind was blowing pretty good. We started out fishing the MRGO rocks with live shrimp 3' under a cork and picked through a lot of small Trout and a bunch of bait stealing croakers to put 10 good Trout on ice before the bite completely died. The storms were getting closer so I headed back closer to the house so we could fish in Lake Borgne. Turned out to be a good move. Fishing with Campo's live shrimp on the bottom the guys put some really pretty Trout in the boat. The weather eventually started to get bad, so we made the short run back to the slip. They burned through a lot of bait with all the pinfish and croakers nibbling at the shrimp, but ended up with a nice box considering the conditions and had a great time. Total for the day was 31 Trout, 6 Drum, and 5 Heads.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay were caught on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove. The Speckled Trout bite is red hot right now along with lots of Reds in the marsh, and will stay that way for the rest of the summer. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

http://www.unitedcharters.com
First class speckled trout and redfish
fishing charters in Shell Beach, Louisiana
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:45 am

Last Tuesday at the Beach I had the Chris Garvey group of him, his sons Ethan and Andrew, along with Chris Devine and his son Reece. We headed out into the Sound and got on a slow bite of some pretty Trout at our first stop fishing with Campo's live shrimp under a cork. After this bite died out we made several moves dodging rain and had a tough time finding keeper Trout. After getting on a good bite we were once again run off by the thunder and lightening. Though conditions were not ideal the guys still put together a good box of fish and had a great time.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay were caught on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove. The Speckled Trout bite is red hot right now along with lots of Reds in the marsh, and will stay that way for the rest of the summer. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

I ALSO HAVE A FEW OPEN DAYS THIS WEEK, GIVE ME A CALL TO MAKE ONE OF THEM YOURS!

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:46 am

Wednesday report from the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with Al Fandrich, Russel Palmer, Earl Dupre, and Ayden Duvernay. After a stop by Campo's for bait and fuel we headed deep into the Sound. At our first stop at a rig the tide was ripping and soon after sending baits to the bottom the drags were ripping too. Al brought in a big Sheepshead and Earl was hooked up with a big Bull Red that was released. After that the guys started putting a bunch of Heads in the box, but no Trout. We left there and made a run to Breton Island. Here we could not find any Specks, only small white trout on one side of the island and Ladyfish on the other. From there we ran over closer to Black Bay and got set up on a large rig. Here we got on a hot Trout bite and the guys put a hurting on them till we burned through all the bait and filled up the box. Ended up with 80 pretty Trout and 22 Heads.

I ALSO HAVE A FEW OPEN DAYS THIS WEEK, GIVE ME A CALL TO MAKE ONE OF THEM YOURS!

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:55 am

Fast Friday at the Beach. Last Friday I had Boudreaux and Boe onboard, and it was one of those one stop shopping days. We headed out to a small wellhead in the Sound. There was a good little chop on the water, but not too bad. Once we got hooked on the rig the guys sent out their Campo's live shrimp 3' under a cork and the Trout ate them up. I even joined in on the action, but I was throwing the Vortex Shad and they ate that up too. Number 75 hit the ice before 9:00am and by then the chop laid down for a nice ride back to the Beach.

I STILL HAVE TOMORROW, FRIDAY OPEN ALONG WITH SEVERAL OPEN DAYS NEXT WEEK. GIVE ME A CALL TO MAKE ONE OF THEM YOURS!

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:47 am

Friday and Saturday on the Beach. Friday I had Jeff, Kevin, and A onboard to chase Bull Reds. They were looking for action and big hard fighting fish, but not taking any home with them. We headed to a well head deep in the Sound and it did not take long till the drags were screaming. Several times a hooked up Red would come to the top and there would be several more swimming with it. It was a blast to watch one of the guys toss a bait near the red on the line and see one of the other reds grab the bait right at the side of the boat. We hopped around a couple other rigs finding more big Reds and Sharks. At times the sharks would be swimming right by the boat and the guys would dangle a bait in the water and watch them take it then the fight was on. They had a great time and went home with sore arms.

Saturday I helped Capt. Mark out with a three boat group. I had three of them with me and in the dark we headed deep in the Sound. The wind was blowing a little so it was on the dumpy side. We got on a slow but steady Trout bite. The guys had to deal with a bunch of bait stealers and junk fish, but steadily put Trout on ice. By 10am their limits were in the box along with a couple Reds. From there we went to a near by wellhead and it was big Redfish time. They added a couple more to the box and released a bunch more till they had enough of fighting the beasts and the building heat.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay were caught on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

The fishing remains great and the Fall season is fast approaching. The Fall fishing is some of the best of the year, so get your dates locked in. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

I STILL HAVE AN OPENING THIS SATURDAY. ALOS HAVE SEVERAL OPEN DAYS NEXT WEEK. GIVE ME A CALL TO MAKE ONE OF THEM YOURS!

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:54 pm

Windy Friday at the Beach. Had the pleasure of fishing with Pat, Brian, and Dan again. They have fished with me for several years now and they are a lot of fun. We started out chasing Trout in Machias and put a few in the box, but the winds made things tough and it looked like they were not gone to let up. We changed gears and ran back into the marsh to find some Reds. Our fist stop put a few Sheepshead and one Red on ice. Our next stop was the last stop. The guys finished off their limits of Reds and got back in with nice box of fish before the rains came. They ended up with 20 Trout, 15 Reds, 3 Heads, and 1 Flounder.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay were caught on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

The fishing remains great and the Fall season is fast approaching. The Fall fishing is some of the best of the year, so get your dates locked in. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

I HAVE A FEW OPEN DAYS NEXT WEEK. GIVE ME A CALL AND MAKE ONE YOURS!

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Good day yesterday at the Beach. I had the pleasure of having the WT Myers group of three in the Blazer Bay. You could not ask for a prettier morning, the Sound was like glass. We made one stop at rig and from the first cast with live shrimp under a cork, Trout were flying in the boat. Once we got a few Fish short of their limits the tide and bite stopped. Instead of making another move to finish off on Trout the guys said they had plenty enough Trout and wanted to try and find a couple Reds and beat the heat. We headed back in close to the house and the guys put 5 nice Reds on ice and had all they wanted. Great day with great people.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay were caught on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line, and baited with Campo's trained live shrimp. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

I HAVE A FEW OPEN DAYS NEXT WEEK. GIVE ME A CALL AND MAKE ONE YOURS!

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Three windy days for the Joe Sealy group at the Beach. Joe brought down a group of 4 for three days of fishing fun. The wind blew pretty hard every day, keeping us in the marsh looking for what ever would bite. We did have one day where we were able to hit a couple rigs in Fortuna where the guys loaded up on Sheepshead and several trout here. Logan also caught a baby Cobia at this rig. The rest of the days we beat the marsh and put together nice mixed boxes of Trout, Reds, Drum, Heads, and Flounder. The guys had a great time fishing in SE Louisiana and went back home with whole bunch of fillets and half shells.

The fishing remains great and the Fall fishing is here. Fall fishing is some of the best of the year, so get your dates locked in. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Fun day at the Beach with the Larry Abbott group. When I picked the four of them from the camp it was fairly calm. We headed out to the Sound and made a few stops covering plenty water with nothing to show, but hardheads and sailcats. The wind was picking up so we headed into the marsh. They fished hard with Campo's live shrimp under a cork and put a together an nice mixed box of Redfish and Drum.

The fishing remains great and the Fall fishing is here. Fall fishing is some of the best of the year, so get your dates locked in. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:42 pm

Good Monday at the Beach. I had the pleasure of having Stan and Barrett onboard for the day. After a stop by Campo's for a well full of live shrimp we headed into the marsh behind Hopedale. The first couple of stops produced a few Trout and Reds, but our third stop was the one. We got on a fast Trout bite with live shrimp 3' under a cork. There were lots of small Trout to weed through, but it was fun. The guys ended up burning through all the bait and had a nice box with 50 Trout, 3 Reds, 3 Drum, 2 Flounder, and 2 Heads to show for.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

PreviousNext

Return to Bay Boats