Shell Beach Report

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Re: Shell Beach Report

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:09 am

One stop shopping Thursday on the Beach. David and Young were my guests for the day. Armed with a well full of Campo’s live shrimp we headed to the same spot I did well at the day before. Once again the Trout were eating up. We even caught a few on Top Dogs for the fun of it. By 8:30 our limits were done, with 75 Trout, 1 Red, and 1 Flounder. The guys had a blast and it sure was nice to beat the heat.

WE HAVE 4 BOATS WAITING TO TAKE YOU ON YOUR NEXT FISHING ADVENTURE. OUR LODGE SLEEPS 19 ANGLERS, just steps from the boats. Check out the photos of the quality fish we have been on. Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

Capt. Rory

http://www.unitedcharters.com
First class speckled trout and redfish
fishing charters in Shell Beach, Louisiana
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:38 am

Lucky Friday the 13th on the Beach. Things did not start out so lucky for my crew. They got stuck at a draw bridge coming in from the French Quarter so we got a little late start. Phillip, Sandy, and Craig were on my boat for the day. We got on a good bite right from the start. Campo’s live shrimp under a cork brought plenty of bad luck to the Trout and good luck to my crew. Our bite slowed down as the tide slowed down and I almost left the area to find some action. We were still getting a few bites, but very slow. Needing only 20 or so more Trout to finish our limits we waited for the tide to turn around. Once it did the Trout ate up again and we finished up with a great box of unlucky fish. Total for the day was 100 Trout, 6 Reds, 5 Sheepshead, and 1 Drum.

WE HAVE 4 BOATS WAITING TO TAKE YOU ON YOUR NEXT FISHING ADVENTURE. OUR LODGE SLEEPS 19 ANGLERS, just steps from the boats. Check out the photos of the quality fish we have been on. Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

Capt. Rory

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Late report for Tuesday from the Beach. Onboard were John Rucker, Bill Bradbury, Josh Bradbury, and David Laizer. We started out on the edge of the Sound fishing with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork and got on a good bite of some very nice Trout. The action was fast for a while, but slowed up. We moved deeper into the Sound picking up a few Trout at each stop. The guys also had a blast with some monster Drum and Reds out there. It was a fun day on the Beach and the guys had a great time. Total take home for the day was 101 Trout, 2 Reds, 5 Sheepshead, and 1 Flounder.

The Trout are on and the fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps are open. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters, dates are filling fast. Very nice over night accommodations are avalible. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:02 am

Friday report from the Beach. Scott and Karen Greathouse from Wisconsin were down in New Orleans for the weekend to celebrate their anniversary. They wanted to sample some of our outstanding fishing. We left the dock around 11am and hit a couple of close spots where they caught some nice Trout, a couple of Reds, Drums, and several Sheepshead. We then worked our way out to Eloi and got on a good Trout bite. The action was fast with plenty throw backs mixed in. It did not mater since they did not want to keep any fish. They had a great time and we made it back to the dock just in time to beat the rain.

The Trout are on and the fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps are open. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters, dates are filling fast. Very nice over night accommodations are avalible. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:43 am

Good day Saturday on the Beach. Mike Cox brought his brother Tommy and his dad Roy down to the Beach to celebrate his dad’s birthday. We started out on the edge of the Sound picking up a few nice big Trout, but the action was slow. We made a move a little closer in and got on some action, nothing fast, but good Trout and steady. Campo’s live shrimp both deep under cork and on a Carolina rig did the trick. The guys had a great time and filled up the box with some nice Trout. They said that they can’t get this kind of action in Texas and will be back. Total for the day was 85 Trout and 8 Sheepshead.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:48 am

Fast and fun Sunday on the Beach. My guests for the day were George Smith, Kevin Duke, and Mike Mathern. I picked them up at Campo’s along with some of their specially trained shrimp. There was a good wind out of the west blowing so we stayed close in Eloi. Kevin made the first cast with a live shrimp under a cork and it was and instant Trout. From there it was non stop till we hit 85 Trout on ice at 7:45. The Trout were in the 13”-16” range so I said lets save the last 15 for some bigger ones. We made a move over to the Channel and picked up our last few Trout along with some Heads to fill the box to the top. We hunted around for a few Reds, but just could not get on them. The guys had a great time and I did too as I always do with George and his crew. Total for the day 100 Trout, 5 Sheepshead, and 1 Flounder.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:56 pm

Tuesday report from the Beach. Onboard was Bob Butler and his sons Tim, John, Brian, and Paul. We started out on a good Trout bite in Eloi with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. It did not take long for some company to crowd in on us. One of the trolling motor crew ran right over where the guys were fishing, This with the wind that picked up shut down our bite. We made a move to the other side on the MRGO and made several stops picking up Trout at each. The guys had a great time and fished hard. They were rewarded with 125 Trout, 1 Red, and 2 Sheepshead.

Capt. Rory

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:44 am

Big fun Wednesday on the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with David Stevens, Jacob Tempett, John Gram, and Jason Amoello. The water was slick calm as we left Campo’s after getting a load of shrimp and croakers. We made a stop in Eloi and got on a good Trout bite with live shrimp under a cork. The guys also caught some nice ones on croakers with a light split shot rig. After putting 60 or so Trout on ice our bite slowed down. With the slick calm conditions we headed out into the Sound to find some big Trout. We hit a couple of wellheads and got on a slow bite with croakers on the bottom, nothing fast, but all big Trout (3-5 lbs). We also had a couple of huge Reds and one of the guys caught a Cobia. It was under sized so it was released along with the Reds. We made a couple of stops in Eloi on the way back in and picked up some more Trout. The guys were a blast to fish with and had a great time catching a nice box of fish. Total take home for the day was 95 Trout, 5 Sheepshead, and a dozen or so Whites and Channels.

Capt. Rory

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:57 am

“Silver Bullet Gang” hits the Beach. Saturday I had the pleasure of taking out the Silver Bullet Gang, Gary Gagliano, Vince Gagliano and the leader of the gang Ray King. We started out in Eloi and got a good Trout bite with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. The guys had to weed through some throwbacks, but put 40 good ones on ice. I then made a suggestion that we could go find some bigger Trout and they were all in. We headed out into the Sound and got on a couple of slow bites of quality Trout with croakers on the bottom. There also were several big Reds and Sharks in between Trout. Gary had the big one of the day, a 27.25” beauty that was a good 7+ pounds. The gang ended up with 70 Trout, 1 Red, 5 Heads, and 1 Drum for the day. As usually the guys and I had a great time.

Capt. Rory

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:47 pm

Two fun days with the Allen Williams group on the Beach. Monday was day one for the group and I had Miles, Jim, Jake, and Jack on my boat. They wanted to go for big Trout so armed with plenty of Campo’s croakers deep into the Sound we went. Our first stop it was instant log Trout one after another till the Gorilla Reds showed up and took over. I can’t tell you how many we landed or broke off till we could not take it anymore. We made a few more moves picking up some big Trout at each. We ended up going back to the rig we started out at in hopes that the Reds had moved on. It did not take long to get the Trout turned on and the box was filling fast with big Trout. I don’t think we had one under 3 pounds and several at 5 pounds. The box was stuffed to the top as the wind picked up from a passing storm and blew us out of position. Since we had little bait left and no more room in the box of fish we called it a day. Total was 85 big Trout, 2 reds, and 4 Heads.

On Tuesday I had the same crew. They had to leave early so we had to stay close and go for numbers instead of size. We started out in Eloi and got on some good sized Trout at our first stop. The action got slow so we moved on and got on a fast bite, but lots of throwbacks to weed through. With time running short we left for another rig and got on a good bite of some better Trout and had to leave them biting so we could get back in on time. All fish were caught on Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. The guys had a great time and put 87 Trout on ice.

Capt. Rory

Capt. Rory Rorison

PreviousNext

Return to Bay Boats