Shell Beach Report

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Re: Shell Beach Report

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:49 pm

Fishy Friday on the Beach. My guests for the day were Barry, Rob, and JC. After a stop by Campo’s for their famous trained live shrimp we headed out to the Sound. The wind was blowing out the north a little harder than expected, but not too bad. We headed straight to the rig I caught them on the day before and it started out a little slow. We finally figured out how the Trout wanted the bait. On the bottom on a Carolina rig and you had to keep it moving. Once we did the guys started hauling in some good Trout. The bite got good and fast, but we had to cut it short to run from a thunder storm bearing down on us. We made a few moves after that picking up a few fish at each stop. With 80 good Trout and 4 Sheepshead on ice the guys called it a day. They had a great time and were a lot of fun to fish with.

WE HAVE 4 BOATS WAITING TO TAKE YOU ON YOUR NEXT FISHING ADVENTURE. OUR LODGE SLEEPS 19 ANGLERS, just steps from the boats. Check out the photos of the quality fish we have been on. Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

Capt. Rory

http://www.unitedcharters.com
First class speckled trout and redfish
fishing charters in Shell Beach, Louisiana
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:36 pm

Finally back in action on the Beach. It sure felt good to get back on the water and get after some fish. Wednesday morning I picked up Jim Walther and his friends Darrel and Gram at Jim’s camp. The wind was howling out of the north so no way we could head outside. We headed over a favorite fall area of mine in the marsh to see if the Trout were there. The Trout were there and ate up our live shrimp on the bottom of the bayou. They also hit the plastic pretty good. There also were some nice Reds mixed in with the Trout. The tide was falling hard and as the tide got too hard the bite slowed down. We made a couple of more stops catching fish at each. The guys had a great time and filled the boat with fish. 100 Trout, 10 Reds, 3 Drum, 1 Flounder, and a lot of fun.

On Thursday morning I picked Jim up at his camp and he had Mat and Ed with him this time. Once again the north wind was blowing harder than expected. We headed back to the same area as the day before and the shrimp were jumping out the water with the Trout smacking the surface after them. Next the Trout were thrashing the surface as the guys were hauling them in. After a while the bite slowed so we made a couple moves and got on another bite with some Reds mixed in. We all had a lot of fun and ended up with 90 Trout, 6 Reds, 1 Drum, 1 Sheepshead, and 1 Flounder. Looks like the fall fishing is on.

The Trout are on and the fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding. Campo’s is almost open with back down ramps ready to use and should have fuel, live bait, and ice before next weekend. They have been working hard to get things ready. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters, dates are filling fast. Very nice over night accommodations are avalible. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:02 am

Late reports for last weekend from the Beach. I running a little behind in posting reports so time to catch up. Saturday 9/20 I had Brandon Clark and his son Caled onboard. We started out in the marsh behind Hopedale looking for Trout and caught a few, but could not get them going. We moved over a little drain in the bayou we were fishing and the Reds were piled up in it. It was blast with Reds going nuts hitting the corks and watching Caled fight them. With our limits of Reds on ice we made a bunch of moves looking for more Trout. Instead we only found more Redfish and Drum. Not a bad problem to have. The guys had a great time and caught lots of fish. I was impressed with how well young Caled fished and handled him self on the boat. He and his dad fish and hunt a lot together and it shows. Total take home for the day was 15 Reds, 12 Drum, and 12 Trout.

Sunday 9/21 my guests were Bobby, Justin, Connie, and Bonnie. Conditions for the day were a little tough. The wind was blowing hard, but at least the tide was up and we had plenty of water to work with. We started out fishing in a bayou and the action was a little slow, then someone flipped the switch and the Trout went nuts. Trout were flying into the boat. The fish were nice with plenty throw backs mixed in. Just like the action had started it ended all of a sudden. We made a couple of moves to look for more Trout and only picked up a few. With plenty of Trout on ice I asked if the wanted some Reds and all said YES. Fishing with live shrimp under a cork the crew put some nice Reds and Drum in the box along with plenty of missed strikes and fish that got lucky on the way to the boat. They had a great time and put together a nice box of fish. Total for the day was 60 Trout, 10 Reds, and 12 Drum.

WE HAVE 4 BOATS WAITING TO TAKE YOU ON YOUR NEXT FISHING ADVENTURE. OUR LODGE SLEEPS 19 ANGLERS, just steps from the boats. Check out the photos of the quality fish we have been on. Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

Capt. Rory

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:57 pm

Windy Thursday on the Beach. Don Herrmann brought his dad and brother on down for a little fall fishing. The wind was whipping and the tide was high. We headed on into the Biloxi Marsh and fished with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. We made a bunch of stops picking up a few fish at each. The guys fished hard in the tough conditions and put together a good box of fish with 40 Trout, 7 Reds, 3 Drum, and 4 Sheepshead. They had a great time and will be back in a few weeks.

The Trout are on and the fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps are open. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters, dates are filling fast. Very nice over night accommodations are avalible. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:38 am

Fish kill Friday on the Beach. Friday was one of those days that the fish did not stand a chance. Onboard were Tony, Chris, Dan, and Dan. I picked them up at their friend’s camp in Fort Beauregard then we stopped by Campo’s for bait. The wind was blowing a little and the tide was rising. We started off fishing is a bayou behind Hopedale with live shrimp on a Carolina rig and the Trout ate it up. The Trout were good sized and there were some White Trout mixed in along with some Drum and Heads. The trick was to keep the bait moving. As the tide got stronger the bite slowed as we were close to our limits, but the guys figured them out. With Trout done we made a close move to the shoreline to look for some Reds. Fishing with live shrimp under a cork the guys put some nice Reds, Drum, Flounder, and Bass into the boat. With no more room in the fish box we headed on in. Lots of fish and lots of fun. Total for the day was 125 Trout, 30 Whites, 7 Reds, 10 Drum, 8 Sheepshead, 4 Flounder, and 4 Bass.

The Trout are on and the fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps are open. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters, dates are filling fast. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:07 pm

Fun Saturday on the Beach. Richard, Andrew, and Eric were my crew for the day. We started out in a bayou where the tide was starting to fall. Fishing with Campo’s live shrimp on a Carolina rig the guys were putting some good Trout in the boat. There also was some Puppy Drum mixed in with the Trout to make the drags scream. The bite would slow down a little the pick up again. With a good bit of Trout in the boat we went and looked for a few Reds. They ended up picking up 3 Reds and some more Drum. We made one more stop and picked up some more Trout to finish off the box. The guys had a great time and were fun to fish with. Total for the day was 100 Trout, 3 Reds, 15 Drum, 1 Flounder, and 2 Sheepshead.

Capt. Rory

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:42 am

Late report from last Sunday. My guest for the day was Tom Blesi. He is down from Philadelphia getting a new office set up and wanted to sample our famous fishing. We headed over to a bayou behind Hopedale where the tide was falling nicely. The Trout were eating up the Campo’s live shrimp on a Carolina rig. The Trout were nice sized and there were Drum and a few Reds mixed in. We were close to our limits of Trout as the action slowed a little so we went a looked for some Reds. First stop was full of small Reds. We then headed over towards Delacroix. Could not get the Reds going, but I cast out toward the middle of the lake and bam, nice Trout on. These were solid 18’-20” Trout. We kept a few to finish of our limit then caught a released a few. We made one more stop closer to the camp and got a good bite of Reds. Lots of under sized ones, but a few good ones mixed in. Tom had a great time and was amazed by our fishery. Total for the day was 50 Trout, 8 Reds, 10 Drum and 2 Flounder.

Capt. Rory

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Madredfish2470 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Capt. Rory. Thanks for all the reports you send and the pictures help to. It's like looking at Deer Cam pictures and saying this is the stand I'm gonna hunt. any way you can send us the forecast like Don Dubuc. "This coming Saturday expect a limit of trout under the cork at Four Horse Lake on the north end during the falling tide and reds busting along Bayou Terre Aux Bouf around 1. PM after the tide is out. :D

I promise to stay out your way and even move when you show up.
Madredfish2470

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Good to be back on the Beach Wednesday. I took a few days off to visit my Dad in Houston and it felt good to get back on the water. My guests for the day Wednesday were Don, Heath, and Ed. The front had just come through that morning and the wind really picked up as we headed out. The tide was high, but the strong NW wind had the tide falling hard. We started out in a bayou behind Hopedale and picked up a few good Trout and a couple of Drum, but the Trout would just not turn on. Next we moved over towards Four Horse finding nothing there. We headed to a Redfish spot I like in Oak River where we l started to put some fish in the boat. It was not a fast bite, but was steady enough. The guys put a few Reds in the box and some nice Trout too fishing with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. The conditions were rough, but the guys put together a good box of fish and had a great time doing it. Total for the day was 70 Trout, 8 Reds, 5 Drum, 4 Sheepshead, and 2 Flounder.

The Trout are on and the fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps are open. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters, dates are filling fast. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Fun Friday on the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with Jim Walther, Larry Abbott, and Mark Blanchard. It was a pretty morning, but there was a little breeze blowing as we pulled away from the dock. We headed to the marsh behind Hopedale and things started off a little slow. We made a bunch of moves picking up a few good fish and lots of throwbacks. We hopped around to different areas using different techniques, but could not get them going. By this time the wind had laid down nicely so we made a run out to Black Bay. I was surprised to see decent looking water. Finally the corks started to go down and up to the surface would come a big mad Trout. The guys put some really pretty Trout in the boat. The Trout bite faded out after a while as the huge Sheepshead took over. After boating a few we called it a day. Things started out slow, but we ended up with a nice box of Trout and the guys had a great time. Total for the day was 50 big Trout, 1 Red, 12 Sheepshead, and 1 Bass.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

PreviousNext

Return to Bay Boats