Boat Lift

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Boat Lift

Postby Milton » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:56 am

Does anyone have any suggestions about types of boat lifts? I've heard rumors that strap lifts can sometimes put stress on the hull of a boat. Any truth to that?
2005 2200 Professional, Yamaha 200 HPDI
Milton

Re: Boat Lift

Postby Butch » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:58 pm

I have a piling mount lift behind my house and it works great. Check out the site below, it gives you specs and pricing.
http://www.lunmar.com/
Butch

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:10 pm

Sweet looking lift. I use a strap lift and they can be hard on rub rails. I put some fender pads on the straps to keep the straps off the rub rail. Works for me. Nothing like pushing a button and off you go. If you fish a lot renting a slip/lift is money well spent.
http://www.unitedcharters.com
First class speckled trout and redfish
fishing charters in Shell Beach, Louisiana
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Butch » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:39 pm

Capt. Rory, talk about spoil ya. Hit the switch and off you go. You're right, thats money well spent. I usually fish 2 through 5 times a week. That lift sure makes it hard, not to go.
When all this fresh water gets on my side of the lake I'm gonna be looking for a slip towards Shell Beach or Hopedale. I know its hard to find one available. The fish are still running through the Slidell area. I've been catching some slabs. I know Eloi is on fire right now and I look forward to getting out that way. ;)
Butch

Postby tugboat » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:22 am

Milton, good question. I just ordered a 2400 rolled edge and that is a big concern of mine. I have a strap lift behind my house in Slidell, and I heard that after a period of time the rolled edges will start to crack. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks
tugboat

Return to Bay Boats