New 2220 Fisherman Owner

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

New 2220 Fisherman Owner

Postby SPICY-D » Thu May 29, 2008 10:27 pm

My soon-to-be wife just pulled the trigger on a "2220 Fisherman" for us from "Mike's Marine" in Broussard, LA. Has a Merc. 225 Pro XS, 10" Bob's jack, lenco 12 x 12 trim tabs, all the extra's except the GPS, fish finder.
He says that the Blazer Rep. tells him it will be delivered NLT June 25, 2008.

We looked at quite a few Bay Boats & Motors (KeyWest, Century, Champion, Triton, with Yammie's, Suzuki's, etc. etc.). Just looking for you Blazer owners to give me some info on that Pro XS (and the Bateau), hear she's a good power house, but the last I owned was a Honda 4-stroke. I was initially reluctant to have a 2-stroke because of the issues they had years ago with the oil not being injected, thus burning up the Motor. I've talked to several people that tell me that particular issue has long been resolved.

Anything feedback (good or bad) about the Merc would be appreciated. Especially fuel consumption from those of you that own one. I've read several internet reviews but, I would like to hear it from the ones that have and presently own them.
I hope that the Blazer is **************delievered on time*************** and that I never have any problems.
Everything I've read/ heard was awesome feed back about Blazer.

Thanks,

Chris
Last edited by SPICY-D on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
SPICY-D

Re: New 2220 Fisherman Owner

Postby neverenough » Fri May 30, 2008 10:01 am

i have only heard good things about the xs series. i am a big fan of the 2 strokes, that is the only way i roll!!!
2220 professional 300 hpdi
"Never Enough"
neverenough

Postby SPICY-D » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:27 pm

Talked to the dealer about an hour ago. The boat will be in some time by noon or after tomorrow, then they'll be installing the GPS, VHF, Keel & Skeg guards. Can't wait to see it before and after the additions and wash. I may post some pictures. :)
SPICY-D

Postby SPICY-D » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:29 pm

Boat came in yesterday. I took it home, dealing with several issues, will update when they are taken care of.

Chris :(
SPICY-D

Return to Bay Boats