new 2170 owner, water stands in rear deck of boat

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

new 2170 owner, water stands in rear deck of boat

Postby mike » Sat May 31, 2008 6:01 pm

After rinsing my boat, I discovered that about an inch or two of water stands in the back of the boat. I can expect some small amount of water, but this water extends all the way to rear legs of the leaning post. The water level is high enough to enter the drain ports on either side of the boat, but does not drain through. Even when the boat is jacked all the way up the water still will not drain out. I don't see any other drain. Does this water have to evaporate out? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
mike

Re: new 2170 owner, water stands in rear deck of boat

Postby Troutn about » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:55 pm

My 2170 has never had this problem...it drains without any problems. Sometimes though it will drain slowly and it is the result of trash clogging the drains. I just put the hose nozzle in the drains and flush the debris out. Yours should drain without any problems. If the drain is not obstructed, it may be that the scuppers are not doing their job....that being to allow the water to exit but not enter. If it is something else that could be causing the problem, I dont have a clue as to what it may be.
Troutn about

Postby neverenough » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:27 pm

stiff scuppers :oops:
2220 professional 300 hpdi
"Never Enough"
neverenough

Postby todd river » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:22 am

neverenough wrote:stiff scuppers :oops:

Was that the problem?

BTW what motor did you choose for your 2170?
Formerly know as Fowl River Todd.
todd river

Postby huntr52 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:45 am

I have a one year old 2220 rolled edge with the same issue. Water will not drain out completely and leaves at least a 12" or more circle of water at each corner, sometimes more depending on the angle at which it hangs in the slings. It looks like the drain openings are not low enough to allow all water to exit. My deck in the areas around these corner drains is turning yellow and black from mold etc. The depressed area below each drain stays constantly filled with sand, dirt etc as it cannot get out. Did you ever get any info as to a solution??? :?: :(
huntr52

Return to Bay Boats