Bilge pump with automatic float switch

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Bilge pump with automatic float switch

Postby hlmoore » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Hello
I would like to know how the auto float switch works on a 2170. We had a heavy rain strom at my home and the water fill above the bilge pump in the back of my boat.I turn on the bilge pump switch and it will pump out the water but i through the auto float switch was suppose to do this. This is the first boat I own with this type of system. Any information on the suto float system would be appreciated.
Thank You
hlmoore
hlmoore

Re: Bilge pump with automatic float switch

Postby stms26 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:06 pm

stms26

Postby Big Hungry » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:54 pm

i'm not sure how long you've owned your boat but you may want to check the wiring in the bilge to ensure the gloat is actually hooked up. i know when i bought my 2420 professional, the float switch was installed in the boat but never wired into the electrical harness. my bilge pump is a johnson 1600 gph with an external float switch. hope this helps.....
Big Hungry

Postby hlmoore » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Thank you all for your feedback, after doing some more checking, I fould that the bilge pump does not have a auto float on it. I guess the prevoius owner removed it, guess I will replace it with a new pump w/auto float on it.
Thank you
hlmoore
hlmoore

Postby rhino » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:07 pm

I just bought a new 2170 and I was wondering the same thing . I'm sure they told me when I bought the boat , but I can't remember if the switch is supposed to be on if you are taking water or if it was on a float switch ? I'm a new big boat owner so alot of this is new to me . Bilge pump was a plastic bottle or jug !
rhino

Postby bb2170 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:52 am

Your bilge automatic float switch should work. Simple test leave plug in black of boat. open up your back hatch cover fill with water . Your float will pump water after it rises to a high level.I check mine every few months by doing this.Make sure the boat is jacked up high so your bilge area fills up fast.When your bilge comes on your bilge light will come on at your switch panel.Alway check bilge pump before leaving dock.turn on switch listen make sure pump is running.
bb2170

Postby hlmoore » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:43 pm

What pump is blazer installing on the new 2170? I do not know what was first install on this 2002 Bay 21 but it had a Mayfair without a auto switch on it. I replaced it with a Mayfair 1250 w/auto switch. I am just curious what blazer is using.
hlmoore
hlmoore

Return to Bay Boats