2400 Rig out

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

2400 Rig out

Postby Bryan Foti » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:32 am

I just took delivery of my 2400 on Monday and I am in the process of rigging it out and should be on the water by this time next week. I upgraded to the 2400 from the 2220 and I must say the difference in fishable room is huge! To anyone running this boat w/ a Yamaha 250 4stroke, what kind of range are you getting when making offshore trips?
Bryan Foti

Re: 2400 Rig out

Postby tugboat » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Bryan, good choice think you'll like it. Been having mine for 2yrs. and love it. A friend just got his about 2 weeks ago, we both average abou 3.3 mpg, same set up.
tugboat

Postby stjupau » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Congrats on the new boat, I have a 2420 Pro with Yamaha F250. I am averaging about 3.0-3.1 mpg. The boat is a little heavier and I am running a T-Top. You can also check the yamaha website for the performance bulletins, it will give you a good estimate on the performance based on your rig. Good luck and tight line.

PS: Did you also post on the Saltycajun website?
stjupau

Postby Bryan Foti » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Yes, I post on the Saltycajun as "Finfeatherfur". I was also on the LA. Sportsman until I called out a professional guide from Cocodrie that spends money w/ the little punk Tony and he banned me! He is so childish!!! I'm not into all the bashing that goes on, but it is nice to get reports and updates from the regular guys on there.

Mounted my master battery switches (one for console/one for outboard), mounted 8' Power Pole Pro with moutning bracket from JL Marine and ran remote and switch wires, mounted flush the Garmin 541s in the dash, next to the Standard VHF which is also flush mounted in the dash. Ran the VHF and FM antennas through waterproof grommets and have them mounted, then installed the AM/FM/CD from Sony on top of the dash using the new waterproof cases from West Marine. This kept my glove box open for wallets/phones, etc which we always need to store when we get on the boat, just not sure how waterproof the box will be. I guess time will tell. Then mounted 2-6" speakers in the rear bulkhead facing forward, then 2-6" speakers facing the rear from the front bulkhead just above the fish box. I then went through the boat looking in all the cracks and crevices for screws/bolts that were NOT stainless. I just hate seeing a boat that is clean and well kept except for the rust streaks from screws that were not stainless. I found two screws that were on the horn, and two on the stern nav light that were not stainless and swapped them.

The boat was delivered this morning for the Yamaha install, which will only take 4 hours, but can't get to it until Wednesday. Once back home, I will then mount my 3 trolling motor batteries and the Minn Kota on-board charger in the console. After that, it will be a test run, then load everything up for the water to get it out of my shop. Never knew I had so much stuff in that other boat!
Bryan Foti

Postby SQnismo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:59 pm

congradulations on the new boat. can u post some pics of where u mounted your speakers?
2220 PRO/ 225H.O. E-TEC
SQnismo

Postby Bryan Foti » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:11 am

I'll be glad to post some pics, just as soon as I get it back form the Yamaha shop!
Bryan Foti

Postby rhino » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:36 pm

That's a good idea looking for non-stainless hardware . I'm surprised that you found some , but as a new 2170 owner I'm running into things that surprise me just about every time I touch the thing .
rhino

Return to Bay Boats