2008 blazerbay 2020

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

2008 blazerbay 2020

Postby baybreaker » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:58 am

I have a 2008 starline trailer with my blazer bay ,the tires are wearing out on the inside ,bearings and axle all look okay any help would be appreaciated has not been towed over 700 miles has 15 inch radial trailer tires also
baybreaker

Re: 2008 blazerbay 2020

Postby Bryan Foti » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:25 am

Not sure if you have a trialer place close to you, but I would find one! Most tire issues come from inflation problems, either too much or too little air. I suspect something else (axle not mounted square) since you only have 700 miles and can see a tire wear problem already. A trailer company can play detective for you to see where the problem is and go from there. I know guys that went through several sets of tires before having the problem addressed. And just FYI, it is not only boat trailers that have these problems, last one I saw it on was my buddies cattle trailer!
Bryan Foti

Postby shawn mistovich » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:15 pm

I have the same year and model boat and trailer. If it is the single axle trailer
then the boat is to heavy for the single axle . I had to get starline to upgrade
mine to a bigger axle. If I had it to do all over again I would go with a tandem axle
100%....
shawn mistovich

Postby baybreaker » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:25 pm

I talked to crown lesiure marine today and they said there is a issue with the single axle trailers made by starline but starline has gone out of business so maybe can talk with blazer bay and see what they say tire pressure is always 50psi cold so thats not the problem, boat being to heavy maybe for the trailer but boils down to a axle problem that has the toe in wrong so monday when blazer bay reopens we will talk .
baybreaker

Postby shawn mistovich » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

They ended up putting a bigger axle with 6 lug rim and a bigger tire
and they told me to run no less than 60 psi. That stopped the tire wear
but the trailer bounces bad . I'm still waiting for the tires to blow out when it bounces.
By no means am I happy with their solution for fixing my problem. I think that was
more less starline deal.
shawn mistovich

Postby neverenough » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:23 am

from what i understand alot of those single axle trailers came with bias tires. if so, i would change to a radial trailer tire.
2220 professional 300 hpdi
"Never Enough"
neverenough

Postby baybreaker » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:49 am

I have 15 inch radial trailer tires so its not a tire problem going to run 46 lbs of air instead of 50 to put more thread on the ground might help some
baybreaker

Postby blazerbay2020 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:05 am

Baybreaker,

I have had the same problem my self. This is my post made in April 08'...

I have a 07 2020 ordered new at the New Orleans boat show in Feb 07. I picked up the boat in April 07 at cypress cove in Slidell, LA. Since this time, 1 year ago, I am currently on my third trailer axle on the starline single axle trailer. The tires are wearing out on the inside from the edge about 3/4'' in to a real worn state while the rest of the tire looks to be wearing normally. I first made cypress cove aware of this problem in August 07. I brought the boat in and starline came and changed the axle for the first time, replacing the axle, bearings wheels, tires. They changed the whole thing. Then around the end of november 07 I noticed the wearing of the tires to be the same. So I contacted Starline directly. The owner, Don Gilbert, sent 2 employees to my home in Louisiana and had them change the whole axle setup again in my drive way this past January. (Great Service huh?) This time upgrading from a 3500 lb axle to a 3750 lb. Now already only 3 months and maybe 1000 miles later the wearing of the tires is the same. Well I contacted Don at Starline again to make him aware the problem wasn't fixed. He asked if I can have the whole rig weighed and get back with him. I went to a truck weighing station and the rig loaded on the trailer weighed 3600 lbs. A little more than I thought it would be. So I let him know and he wants to send me new wheels with radial tires and see if this solves the problem. When I asked him what blazer said about the problem he said that they said the rig shouldn't weigh that much. I'm still uncertain what I should do in this situation. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I will post pics of the current tires that are only 3 months old and have maybe 1000 miles on them in a day or two. Just looking for a little feed back and some suggestions on how I should pursue this problem and who it should be pursued with? (Blazer, Starline, Cypress Cove?) Thanks a bunch! I just located this forum and I am looking forward to being a very active member!

From here I got Don Gilbert (owner of Starline) to agree to provide me a brand new (free of charge) 5'' I-beam tandem axle trailer. The only thing I paid for was the upgraded 5 star aluminum wheels w/ radial tires (cost me $450). I drove Starline Trailers in Pace, FL one sat morning in May 08' and they made the trailer swap in about 20 min and I haven't had a problem since. I hope this helps.
Leigh Veron
2007 Blazer Bay 2020
2007 Yamaha 200Z HPDI
Gonzales, LA
blazerbay2020

Return to Bay Boats