Water Goes In, But Does Not Come Out ???

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Water Goes In, But Does Not Come Out ???

Postby Capt. Eric » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:08 pm

I Was doing regular maintenance on my 2005 2420 and noticed a few things that seemed a little odd. I used to run a 2 stroke and recently re-powered with a four stroke. When I did this, I put all of my batteries under the console. This left a few holes through the deck in the rear starboard hatch. I notice that water was draining into the holes but not coming out of the boat. It seems the stringer separates that under deck area from the actual bilge. 2nd. I replaced the little drain lines on the rod holders on the center console. Once again, I ran water in them to make sure they worked. Water went in, but nothing came out. Finally I popped my deck access hatch to check the fittings on my fuel sender and that area was almost COMPLETELY FULL of water. Where are these areas supposed to be draining to. I love my boat, and have NEVER had any issues with it, but this is VERY concerning. I used to live in Pensacola, but I moved to Austin Texas so I can't just take it to Blazer which is what should be done. Any input would be greatly appreciated before I start drilling holes.

Eric D. Lucas
reelflysportfishing.com
Capt. Eric

Re: Water Goes In, But Does Not Come Out ???

Postby rorgero » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Before I would start drilling hole in my boat I would talk to a local blazer dealer. They can contact BB and get you information on how to fix the problem. It may be something easy to fix? Blazer stands by their product. Besides, you don't want to void your warranty. :idea: :idea:
rorgero

Return to Bay Boats