Deluxe lean post and 72 qt ice chest clearence issues

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Deluxe lean post and 72 qt ice chest clearence issues

Postby rhino » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:24 am

I've got a 2170 with the deluxe leaning post with the 72 qt ice chest below . It is a bitch to just get a drink out of it much less if you want to take it out to clean it . It's the rocket launchers that get in the way . Has anyone found any solutions to this ?
I'd replace the chest with a shorter one , if I could find one .

I'd get a new super duluxe leaning post if I had the money , something that is a little better designed
rhino

Re: Deluxe lean post and 72 qt ice chest clearence issues

Postby johnhiggins » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:05 pm

I have a 2220 pro and have the same issue.
I cannot understand how Blazer can design a $40,000 boat and can't design the seat and ice chest where you can open it easily.
My leaning post is even mounted in my boat crooked about 2" off.
I asked my dealer about can't being able to open my ice chest and he had no suggestions.
johnhiggins

Postby todd river » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:03 am

I hardly ever use my ice chest because of that reason.
Formerly know as Fowl River Todd.
todd river

Postby stms26 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:58 pm

My hinges broke so now the whole top comes off, I keep it in place with a bunge cord, which also holds the ice chest down. Not what I would have done but now that it is this way I plan on keeping it like that. I may put a couple of latches where the hinges are to get rid of bunge cord. I just haven't decided what would be easier to fool with.
stms26

Postby Cyndyr » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:10 pm

I have a 2220 Fisherman and noticed that issue when learning the boat. Since I fish mainly at the coast I just use the cooler as my fish box and put the drinks and food up front. Using it as a fish box has worked out well even with large reds.

At one point I thought about making the rod that holds the rocket launchers rotate. I had dreamed up cutting the rod on both sides and inserting a dowel with a pin type system. Hope the idea helps for making an improvement.
Cyndyr

Postby rhino » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:29 pm

Cyndyr wrote:I have a 2220 Fisherman and noticed that issue when learning the boat. Since I fish mainly at the coast I just use the cooler as my fish box and put the drinks and food up front. Using it as a fish box has worked out well even with large reds.

At one point I thought about making the rod that holds the rocket launchers rotate. I had dreamed up cutting the rod on both sides and inserting a dowel with a pin type system. Hope the idea helps for making an improvement.

That is a mighty fine idea , a whole hell of alot better than what they dreamed up . Not to much thought or concern went into this development .
I dreamed of finding about $500 bucks and let one of the fancy pants welding shops build me one that works .
Don't get me wrong , it works good for holding my butt up . Put the foot rest down and sit up there like a fat cat , only in slick water though .

There's got to be a better way !
There's got to be a better way !
rhino

Postby SQnismo » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:45 pm

yea its not the best design. but blazer isent the only one with the problem. my friends 22' century bay boat is designed very similar. his hits the bottom of the compartment under the seat.
2220 PRO/ 225H.O. E-TEC
SQnismo

Postby adsingletary » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:33 pm

I had the same problem with my 2170 and i went and got me the 48 Qt chest and i have plenty room now to reach in and get stuff out of the ice chest. i hope this helps.
adsingletary

Postby rhino » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:16 am

That's an excelent idea ! I'm gonna give that a try !
rhino

Return to Bay Boats