battery blow up/ blazer bay 2020

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

battery blow up/ blazer bay 2020

Postby baybreaker » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:07 pm

learned something new today if you dont keep water in your batterys deep cycle from coast batterys in biloxi they will blow up damn it this anit a first just a warning and info because one of mine in my console blew the top off and the sides out today on the way fishing, had warranty left but coast battery said they would not warranty a blown up battery. dosent get any better than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
baybreaker

Re: battery blow up/ blazer bay 2020

Postby rhino » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:28 am

Yeah ?!?!? I've got coastal batteries ! I don't trust them , don't like them . That's what came with the boat . If I had the prescence of mind I would have gotten a different kind , would have cost more money though I'm sure . Coastal batteries look like they would be a recycled battery , like Excide batteries .

Did you ever service them ? How long have you had them ? How many amps is your charger ?

Make sure you get in there and clean all that acid up soon , spray it all down with a good anti-corrosion stuff .
rhino

Postby baybreaker » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:13 am

I guess I should have checked the acid level more often the one battery that didnt blow up checked out good acid level full hydrometer read good also , charged good just hard to get in your console and see the acid levels without disconnecting wiring and removing the batterys washed the console out with water and baking soda my question to vendors that sale any batterys they would stress to each customer that low acid levels will cause batterys to blow up first time ever for me.
baybreaker

Postby rhino » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:28 am

When I bought mine , I got a feeling we got our boats from the same place , Philip told me to make sure there was plenty of of acid in there . He didn't mention nothing of them blowing up .
rhino

Return to Bay Boats