Suzuki DF200 & LMF400 Fuel Burn Issues

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Suzuki DF200 & LMF400 Fuel Burn Issues

Postby jpearce » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:02 pm

I have a 2007 DF200 and Lowrance LMF400 Gauges. Boat is a 2220.

I have been unable to get realistic fuel burn numbers from my gauges. My gauge shows +/-10 GPH at idle and +/-40 GPH at 3000rpm. As such, my fuel remaining value is way off.

As an example, during a typicall fishing day my gauge will indicate that I have burned 30 gallons. But, when I refill my tank I can usually only get 8-10 gallons in (60 gal capacity tank).

Have tried recalibrating (per the instructionmanual) without any improvement. Have taken my rig back to the dealer, but he has been unable to help.

All other gauge functions (Tach, speed, engine hours, voltage, trim indicator, etc. ) work fine.

Has anyone with a similar motor and gauge setup had these issues.

Any thoughts on how to correct?

Thanks in advance!
jpearce

Re: Suzuki DF200 & LMF400 Fuel Burn Issues

Postby dc2220fisherman » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:26 pm

Well this might help a little man, To start i have a 2220 fisherman with the df 200, that motor will never burn more than 18 gph at FULL throttle and at idle it only burns approximately half a gallon per hour, second the sending units in these boats arent calibrated the best, you have roughly 40 gals of usable fuel in the 60 gal tank, what i mean is, the tank is so large that the sending unit will never be accurate basically because you can have 10 gallons of fuel in the tank but it will barely even register becuase the fuel in the tank might be up an inch or so due to the large width of the fuel tank, likewise when you put 40 gals in, it shows full, but you still could have 20 more gallons to go, and with the boat almost never being level in the water and the fuel always getting sloshed around such a gauge would never strike me as being near accurate, but i have no experience with these so if im wrong then sorry, but basically i have no answer for a correction, just trying to help by providing a few facts that would kinda steer me in the direction that something is wrong with your gauges computing system, hopefully this will help somehow, and good luck with getting it corrected, please let me know what you find i could possibly be interested in these if you can get them to work properly.
dc2220fisherman

Postby skinnywater118 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:04 pm

Just bought a new 2220 Pro with 250 Zuki and have no idea how much fuel I have for the same reason. Dealer is lost, considering putting a conventional gauge in the knockout between 4 in gauges and forget the BS. not what I wanted to do.
skinnywater118

Postby dent2220 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:12 pm

ii have the same boat and motor combo was wondering what kind of speed you are getting out of the df200 and what prop u have on there
dent2220

Return to Bay Boats