07 2020 w/ 140 Suzuki wiring issues?

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

07 2020 w/ 140 Suzuki wiring issues?

Postby briscoec » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:23 pm

For the past few fishing trips I have had an issue with some part of my wiring. I own a 2020 with a DF140 Suzuki. Turn the key to on and nothing, Nada, zip. You'd think the battery had been stolen. The first time I took it to the dealer cause I couldn't figure it out at the launch and the dealer was only a few miles away. They tried for an hour to no avail and I left it. They called me a few day slater and said they found a fuse connection that was corroded (not blown).

Awright. It started right up, but by the time I got home nothing. I crawled under the console and began unplugging stuff one at a time. I narrowed it down to one plug, which when I toughed it beeped (made connection). I went fishing all was well. After fishing I cleaned the boat and was prepping to cover it and checked, nada. I opened the console door and the beep went off. I didn't have time to check the suspect plug. there is not a fuse at this spot and it makes me wonder if the dealer had actually found anthing or it fixed itself.

Anmy one have anything like this? Pretty crazy. We all have to have a dependable boat, whcih it has been until now! It stays covered, protected from the weather.
briscoec

Re: 07 2020 w/ 140 Suzuki wiring issues?

Postby rhino » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Try putting some diaelectric grease in the connector . Your gonna have to spend some time trying to find it
rhino

Postby briscoec » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:50 am

I found one wire that was on my gauges that was pretty corroded. I used some petrolum jelley (great dielectric) on my plugs, where they seal up.

Looks like that may have been it. Only time will tell.........
briscoec

Postby briscoec » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:56 am

I am still having issues with something. When I leave my motor and one wire that goes to the positive terminal hooked up to the battery, after 3 or 4 hours (with the key in the off position) if I try and turn on the ignition, nothing. No beeps no lights, nada. If I disconect the wires and leave them off for about an hour and then reattach them, it's all good. It runs perfectly. I can fish all day, but I have to disconnect the wiring in between fishing holes. what a pain..............

Well thanks for any other information from the rest of you
briscoec

Postby briscoec » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:43 am

It turns out I had a bad wiring harness. When they pulled the old one out it had two tears in the jacket that allowed water to get into the bundle of wires to my motor. Oh better yet your wiring harness is only covered for one year on my Suzuki and yamaha's are the same. Ow that was $650, including labor.
briscoec

Return to Bay Boats