pedestal seat mount rust?

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

pedestal seat mount rust?

Postby bb2170 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:10 pm

What can I use to stop the rust on the screws that are on the pedestal seat mount base of my 2170? I isolated the base from the boat deck with rubber to try and stop the rust. Any other suggestions? thanks
bb2170

Re: pedestal seat mount rust?

Postby Blazer Johnnie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:47 pm

bb2170,

Please, keep in mind that the screws are exactly what the name implies, "stain LESS" not stain proof. I know that you are not complaining, you are just looking for a way to keep you BB cool looking and I am with you.

Best way is too wash your boat EVERY TIME you use it with fresh water and even if you don't use it often it is a good idea to hose it down weekly, then in areas where water can stand, as in and around the screw heads, blow it out with an air hose then lightly spray with WD40 or Corrosion X.

Should take care of your problem.

See Ya,

Blazer Johnnie ;)
Blazer Johnnie
Site Admin

Postby bb2170 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:16 pm

10-4... I am definitely not complaining as the 2170 is a great boat. I just want to keep it looking "cool" as you said. I wash it thoroughly after every trip (weekly). I have been spraying all the stainless hardware with silicon lubricant. I will try the WD40. Thanks a lot and Go Fishin!
bb2170

Postby Blazer Johnnie » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:37 am

Don't forget to take an air hose and blow any standing water out of low places, like the heads of screws or around the edge of your base plates, etc. I bought a small portable air compressor that I can carry out into the driveway or storage unit with me. It really does work and not expensive at all.

JB
Blazer Johnnie
Site Admin

Return to Bay Boats