Water In Hull

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Water In Hull

Postby flatboat » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:01 pm

I have 2008 2220 pro I usually use my middle front hatch for an ice chest but i notice when i pull the plug I dont see any water drain to the back.
Is it possible that its not draining my boat also feel heavy in the front now is it possible?
flatboat

Re: Water In Hull

Postby baybreaker » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:13 am

I have a 2008 model 2020 blazer bay my front ice chest as you describe drains to the bilge and out the back,,, live wells drain out the bottom and front anchor storage drains out the front right from the clam shell , I would not take this boat out again until I resolve this issue. hope this helps.
baybreaker

Re: Water In Hull

Postby Bryan Foti » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:04 am

I would place a block of wood under the tounge jack of the trailer, then block the wheels of the trailer, then crank it as high as I could to elevate the front of the boat. Next I would get a garden hose and put water in the compartment to see if it came out the back of the boat's bilge drain hole. After only a few seconds, you should have water appear if the drain is in fact clear and free flowing.

If you don't get any water, or only a "trickle", locate a "Fish Tape" used in electrical work. You can purchase a cheap one from Harbor Freight or Lowe's for less than $20. Run this steel tape down the drain from the compartment towards the transom. You may have a pile of fish scales that have dried, or a label from a water bottle, or any number of things stopping it up. If this doesn't solve the mystery, I would bring it to a local fiberglass shop and have them take a peak. They will surely find the problem, then you can address it!

Hope that helps and let us know what you find!
Bryan Foti

Return to Bay Boats