***PLEASE HELP CAVITATION/ AV PLATE LOCATION ***

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Re: ***PLEASE HELP CAVITATION/ AV PLATE LOCATION ***

Postby sags » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:20 am

Spicy-D
All I was doing was thinking out loud and trying to come up with some answer's to maybe help you , I'm sure your not feeling real good about the boat right now and want it fixed. No one said that the Bob's rep didn't know what they were talking about if you will read the post I made I do believe that being able to run the motor higher was said and as far as the plugging of the intake's call mercury !!!!!!!!!!!! As far as the amount of set-back, I just know what we have on our's and know it works very well as far as speed and holeshot, again just thinking out loud but won't happen again. I do have to agree with neverenough about the prop deal, when I ran a yamaha pro- I had to baby the boat out of the hole but it would run like a spotted Ape, with the OFX we run on it now I can run the JP all the way up, tab down and you better be holding onto something whe we hammer on it to get up in shallow water and still have decent top end, so different props do have an affect on these boats
Hope you and Blazer get your boat the way you want it and you enjoy
BB 2220 Fisherman, V-Max 200, PT OFX 20 4 Blade, K-Top
Fishing for the Slam in Texas
sags

Postby SPICY-D » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:17 pm

If anyone has had, or is having or knows of anyone with problems from a motor set up like this (20" shaft 20" transom), I would really like to hear from you. I looking for any and all input. I've had one person here so far contact me with similar problems and I appreciate the information.
Please message/ email me through here and I'll be happy to hear any suggestion.

Thanks
SPICY-D

Postby SPICY-D » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:40 am

Blazer picked up the Boat Monday. My dealer made some of the minor repairs, and Blazer will be taking care of the rest.
I spoke to Butch today. He said that they ordered another Brand Jack Plate (I think it's a CMC), same 10" set-back and will swap it with the Bob's, due to the fact that it does not rise like the Bob's and unlike the Bob's it has more than four holes, so the motor can be mounted lower on the Jack Plate. I think that this may resolve the issue. Butch said that he will run the boat to see how the new Jack Plate affects the performance. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Butch is a real pleasant person to deal with.
Last edited by SPICY-D on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPICY-D

Postby neverenough » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:37 pm

i am running the cmc jack plate on my rig, i have a 20" shaft as well. no problems........
2220 professional 300 hpdi
"Never Enough"
neverenough

Postby Peeyow » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:00 pm

Spicy-D

I have a 2007 2220 Professional with a Mercury 225 Optimax 20" motor. I was having the same problems problem you are having with the cavitation and it appear the boat did not want to get any lift. I was running a 19 pitch 4 blade Power Tech Prop. This weekend I decided to try my Mercury Mirage Plus (It was originally a 19" pitch and I had it bumped up to a 21"pitch) the reason I purchased the 19" is because the is a 15 1/4 diameter. The 21" is only 14 3/4. The prop has the PVS system, and I had all of the plugs removed.
All I can tell you is to find one and try it out. I picked up 4 MPH and the boat lifts like it should.
2220 Pro, 225 Mercury Optimax.
Peeyow

Postby SPICY-D » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:16 am

Butch from Blazer called last week. They removed my Bob's 10" Jack plate and replaced it with a CMC Jack plate. I think he said it dropped the Motor close to or right @ 4". He said that they were just about finished on the other issues and repairs, and that the boat would be back the first part of this week.
I'm currently working and not sure when I'll head home, but I'm only 40 miles from the dealership, so when it comes in, I'm going to go take a look at it. I'll have to wait until I go on days off and the dealer and I will run it and see if the changes made any performance difference. I'm heavily considering buying a Power Tech OFX-4. I talked to Marcus @ Power Tech and that's the prop that's solved most of the issues with boats of this make-up. I also spoke to Baggy of Baggy's down in Houma and when I have time to get down there on a weekend, he's gonna grab a handful of props and run the boat with me to prop it out.

I'll update this post when I get information and keep you guys in the loop.
SPICY-D

Postby Peeyow » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:59 pm

I have a Power Tech 4 blade 19 pitch I will sell if you are interested.
2220 Pro, 225 Mercury Optimax.
Peeyow

Postby SPICY-D » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:07 pm

I've spoken to Butch quite a few times between last week and this week. The last time being yesterday.
He said that my boat is finished and will be back at the Dealer this Thursday. He said that they ran the boat and it performs perfectly now and guarantees satisfaction.
I will not be in until 8-27-08. Me and the dealer have to run the boat.
I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Hopefully all is well and I be in Dularge or Cocodrie Labor day weekend.
SPICY-D

Postby SPICY-D » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:52 am

Picked up the boat yesterday and brought it home. IT LOOKS GREAT. all that remains is to see how it performs. The cavitation plate appears to be in the proper place, @ level trim and all the way down. I compared it to another 2220 Fisherman on the yard at the dealership and mine was nearly identical to it.
Other than that, the fiberglass issues etc., have all been repaired. I gave it the ole USMC inspection and found nothing out of the ordinary. Butch even found some things that I had no idea were supposed to be like they are now, and he had them repaired.
I loaded the boat with all the gear yesterday and I'll be headed down South tomorrow, to beat "GUSTAV", and see how it performs, while fishing out of Dularge for the weekend.
I'm going to try a 3 blade 23P and a 4 Blade 21P this weekend, and go from there.
I'll let you guys know the results.
SPICY-D

Postby SPICY-D » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:52 pm

Made it to Dularge late last Friday and beat Gustav, water was smooth as glass, and the weather was great. Butch even called me while I was on the water to see how it performed. Not such a great bite while fishing, but the boat performs great, that "Hydro Jacker" jack plate sure is a snail. I think that I could manually raise and lower it faster. If anyone has ideas on speeding that thing up, I'm open to suggestion. Bottom line is it runs like it's supposed to and I can live with the snail. I was going to try it again Saturday morning, but Terrebonne Parish was going to go under mandatory evac. b/w 2 and 4 pm. I headed out of there before 6 am.
If someone wants to enlighten me on how to post pictures on here, I'll put some up.
I hope you guys made it through the storm ok and you get back to the norm soon. I hear you guys are still w/o power down there.
Wishing you the best of luck and a speedy recovery from the storm, so you can get back to fishing.
SPICY-D

PreviousNext

Return to Bay Boats