Battery wires to neverland

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Battery wires to neverland

Postby Desertmariner » Sun May 08, 2011 10:53 am

Hi, New boat for me and i'm having a problem troubleshooting the electrical system....
This is a 2220 model and a 2003 year. with a 200 yamaha 2 stroke.
Here's the problem. I have 3 spots for batteries under the center console. I gather 2 of them get hooked up in series for the 24 volt trolling motor. There are 4 larger battery wires present. 2 red and 2 black. one set is marked "battery 1" and the other is battery 2..........The "battery 1 set goes forward to the trolling motor and the other set goes to "Neverland".....can't find them anywhere......... I suspect they should go aft to the large motor wires....( someone had rigged a battery aft on the starboard side to energize the motor)...... My thinking here is that the 3rd battery should energize the motor. Appreciate any help here..... I'm stumped.....
Rich
Desertmariner

Re: Battery wires to neverland

Postby topdog » Tue May 10, 2011 10:21 pm

battery #2 should also go forward--- some boats make the 24volts at the plug and some of the troll motors make it in the motor itself. Pull the plug and look at the wires. If only 3 wires it is a 24volt system. If it is 4 wires it is a 12/24 volt. The battery for the outboard is installed at factory in the starboard rear compartment. If you are not sure , get some help--you can really mess things up if you hook it up wrong!
'07 2420 / F250 Yammie
topdog

Return to Bay Boats