2420 reviews

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

2420 reviews

Postby lucky Larry » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:03 am

Would like comments from owners of the 2420 as I am considering moving up from a 1960.
lucky Larry

Re: 2420 reviews

Postby topdog » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:42 am

I have a '07 with a 250 4-stroke Yamaha. I have no problems with the performance of the rig-- ample speed, good mileage, good ride. I am disappointed with some features inside though. The only compartments that are dry are the rod boxes and the large front deck compartment. All others get wet from rain or washing. The rear 2 live wells will even get back flow into them if not being used as live wells. The console leaks around the switch panel. I think I fixed that with some caulking, but have not been caught in the rain yet and I try not to spray it with water. The insulated boxes will not keep ice for 3 hours in 70 degree weather. The ice chest under the leaning post will only open 5 or 6 inches because of the rod holders.

Overall it is a good rig and I have not had any problems with the Starline trailer that others had. But these are some minor problems that you don't see in the showroom or on the trailer.
'07 2420 / F250 Yammie
topdog

Postby will » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:55 am

topdog wrote:I have a '07 with a 250 4-stroke Yamaha. I have no problems with the performance of the rig-- ample speed, good mileage, good ride. I am disappointed with some features inside though. The only compartments that are dry are the rod boxes and the large front deck compartment. All others get wet from rain or washing. The rear 2 live wells will even get back flow into them if not being used as live wells. The console leaks around the switch panel. I think I fixed that with some caulking, but have not been caught in the rain yet and I try not to spray it with water. The insulated boxes will not keep ice for 3 hours in 70 degree weather. The ice chest under the leaning post will only open 5 or 6 inches because of the rod holders.

Overall it is a good rig and I have not had any problems with the Starline trailer that others had. But these are some minor problems that you don't see in the showroom or on the trailer.

I sure would like to see how good those "insulated boxes" are insulated. I know mine won't keep a bag of ice all day.
will

Postby fbarron » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:52 am

I've had my 2420 for nearly 8 years now. It's the best boat I've owned to date. It takes the bay chop very nicely without soaking you. It is very comfortable to fish 4, and it has plenty of storage for bait and gear. At that time it was a boat show special with a Saltwater Series Yamaha 200 2 cycle in the low 30's, but they are considerably more expensive now... closer to $40 K, as I understand it. The issues pointed out on this forum have not been an issue for me. The only issues I've had are with the Starline trailer that came under it, but they are generally related to saltwater maintenence type issues and I deal with them as they arise. Overall... a good boat owner experience.
Floyd Barron
2004 Blazer Bay 2420
& 200 Saltwater Series Yamaha
fbarron

Return to Bay Boats