2008 2020 blazer bay taking on water

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

2008 2020 blazer bay taking on water

Postby michael1d » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:18 pm

I have a 2020 blazer bay and it is taking on an excessive amount of water. I put a new drain plug in it due to the old one being stripped out. Still leaking somewhere. I fished for about 3 hours this weekend and when I pulled the plug it drained for hard for about 5 minutes. Not sure where the water is coming in at. I was thinking possbily the anchor drain but not sure.
The hull is in great shape and I have the livewells off and the valve is shutdown for the livewell. My bilge appears to be pumping very slow also. Any ideas or suggestions of what this could be would be greatly appreciated.
michael1d

Re: 2008 2020 blazer bay taking on water

Postby Reef-addiction » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:24 am

I noticed on mine (2007 fisherman) the scupper valves were dried and worn out so when I would sit somewhere loaded down water would come in, about an inch or two would sit in the back. When this happened the plastic access hole under the leaning post would leak causing water to got down below. Put new scupper flaps in and it fixed the water problem. Not sure if yours is the same.
Reef-addiction

Postby will » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:29 am

I have had the same issue. First, I found the livewell pump housing had a crack....was pumping water into the hull when the pump cycled. Secondly, I raised the front of the boat with the trailer jack, and filled the hull with several gallons of water. All three well drains were leaking. I solved this by double clamping where the drain hose was clamped to the thru hull fittings. My boat takes on a lot of water if I don't go to full throttle quickly, or if I shut down too quickly. The boot on the controls allows water to enter the battery compartment, and the inspection plate right in front of the motor does not seal good. I'm thinking of putting some type of latches on it, where I can close it snugly. I also have been told a 10" setback jack plate will help solve this issue.
will

Postby Steven » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:41 am

will wrote:I have had the same issue. First, I found the livewell pump housing had a crack....was pumping water into the hull when the pump cycled. Secondly, I raised the front of the boat with the trailer jack, and filled the hull with several gallons of water. All three well drains were leaking. I solved this by double clamping where the drain hose was clamped to the thru hull fittings. My boat takes on a lot of water if I don't go to full throttle quickly, or if I shut down too quickly. The boot on the controls allows water to enter the battery compartment, and the inspection plate right in front of the motor does not seal good. I'm thinking of putting some type of latches on it, where I can close it snugly. I also have been told a 10" setback jack plate will help solve this issue.

Hey, Thats a good idea to deal with this problem. Thank you so much for the solution.
Steven

Postby neverenough » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:02 pm

my scuppers were loose and leaking between the hull and scuppers. i put 5200 on them an reinstalled. port side was incredibly hard to get to. also, they look like the fittings are stainless.... they are not! i would change out the plastic fittings for stainless or brass, before it causes a sinking situation.
2220 professional 300 hpdi
"Never Enough"
neverenough

Return to Bay Boats