Fastest 186 Blazer

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Fastest 186 Blazer

Postby allamard » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:17 pm

I have an 186 blazer w/150 HP '98 2 stroke TXRY or W? Yamaha, I get 51mph GPS 55mph analog, 3 men, full tank, 3 batteries and gear. I run circles around any 18-19' bay boat I have encountered. Unbelievably dry ride. I get less spray than our 24' bay stealth at the camp. I changed the prop the engine came with and added cupping, but cannot remember the diameter and pitch off hand, gained 5mph! (Great hole shot).

Hurricane Katrina displaced or prematurely retired my prop guy.

Great fishing machine, fishes three serious fishermen comfortably. Narrow hull requires balancing loads, would have put trim tabs on immediately had I known.

Kudos to Yamaha 'Ring Free' fuel additive. Keeps my engine purring like a saber toothed tiger. :twisted:

I am planning to add an 8" jack plate and lenco electric trim tabs. Will post speed results.

I would have preferred a longer boat, but had to choose one that would fit into my garage, which is a standard 20' by 20' two 8' garage doors. I am glad I chose the 186. I had to swap out the factory trailer for a customized magic tilt to fit in the garage, kudos to AB caster in New Orleans, LA, they balanced the boat on the trailer, hinged the tongue, built a custom aluminum transom saver, and cut slots in my boards for hoist launch.

I have 1" of left, right, top, and LOA clearance when parking the boat in my garage. TOOK SOME PRACTICE! :D
allamard

Return to Bay Boats