Blazer Bay 1960 Storage - Long Items

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Blazer Bay 1960 Storage - Long Items

Postby ajr1215 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:48 pm

I just bought a Blazer Bay 1960. Graet boat, but I'm having a problem as to how to store my long items such as a boat paddle, marsh anchor, push pole sections, etc. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
ajr1215

Re: Blazer Bay 1960 Storage - Long Items

Postby allamard » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:27 pm

As an 186 BB owner, I have come across the same issue. For the marsh anchor, I have it mounted across the back of the boat just in front of the rear casting deck. It rests about 1/2" in front of the rear casting deck and it sets just below the upper surface of the casting deck. There is a small flat triangular shaped area on the port and starboard sides in front of the rear storage areas. I mounted a stainless steel bracket on each of these. My marsh anchor (the heavy type - 1" diameter) fits neatly into these brackets. When I am under power, the anchor stays secure, and it is easily accessible, yet completely out of the way when not in use.

As far as a paddle, I have two collapsible paddles I keep in my forward storage. My landing net is collapsible as well, and I keep it under my rear casting deck. I have located a collapsible push pole from Cabella's but I think it is too long. I plan to modify my existing two piece push pole by turning it into a 4 piece pole that I can store.

Hope this helps!
allamard

Postby Lngshrman » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:34 pm

I use a 10 foot pvc pipe with T on the end for my marsh anchor. Academy has some suction cups with little bungee cords attached and I use those to mount my anchor along the inside wall of my 1960. This type of anchor also works great as a push pole if needed.
Lngshrman

Postby ajr1215 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:37 pm

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas - this really helps!
ajr1215

Return to Bay Boats