Kudo's to the Blazer Folks

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Kudo's to the Blazer Folks

Postby todd river » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:15 am

I recently had a dead tree fall onto my property from Tropical Storm Ida. It fell across
both of my boats. A Blazer Bay 2170 & a G3 1548FL. My G3 was totaled out less the motor.
The Blazer suffered minor damage on the fiberglass, but it crushed the bow rail on one side.

I contacted the Blazer factory & found that they no longer make the same bow rail. The newer
ones are a little fancier. When I spoke to Lonnie he felt that the new one's should fit like the
one's that were on my boat. I purchased my boat new in 2005. Anyway when I arrived at the factory
this am I found that Lonnie had to deliver a boat out of town. They called Keith to help me out.
I had first class service. He explained that since my boat has been built that they have probably
had a few different styles of bow rails. He was afraid that the holes might not line up exactly as the
original bow rails. When I measured they were awfully close, and he agreed that as long as they were
okay if I decided to bring them back it was okay.

He also said that Blazer could fill in the holes & remount the bow rails for what I thought was a
reasonable amount of money. I could not have asked for better service. In fact, Keith was kind enough
to load them in my truck & tie them down when I went in to pay Kelly. Everyone that I have ever dealt
with at Blazer Boats has been first class. Its a pleasure to do business with someone who cares &
takes the time to make sure you are content with your purchase.
Formerly know as Fowl River Todd.
todd river

Re: Kudo's to the Blazer Folks

Postby Bryan Foti » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:54 pm

I know this original post was back in Nov 2009, but just had to add something. My first Blazer Bay was a 2220 that I bought second hand and found some glass issues that I had no idea how they got there. I was not the original owner of the boat, but spoke to the guys at Blazer and they came up w/ a fix. Being we are 7 hours away, they arranged to get my boat loaded on a trailer going back empty after dropping off at a dealer in BR. Then sent it back to me when the repairs were finished. I knew at that time that I wanted to do my best to remember this company in the future. I just got a new 2400 and I hope they are around for a long time to come.

I see in some other post that some people have had a hard time getting answers and phone calls returned. I know it can be frustrating, but I think I will give them the extra time needed to be a little more patient than other companies I deal with, especially in these trying times we have been in over the last year or so. I could understand if they were short handed and see why it would take longer to get an answer than most people would like.
Bryan Foti

Return to Bay Boats