thru hull transducer mount

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

thru hull transducer mount

Postby deltapirate » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:03 pm

I have a 2170 BlazerBay. I have a shoot thru hull transducer in the bildge area and it works perfectly.
I want to mount another transducer at the bow,if I mount the transducer under the bow storage directly over the keel
will it work. any info will be helpful, thanks.
deltapirate

Re: thru hull transducer mount

Postby ktdore » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:36 pm

Mounting it in the bow will not work.Usually the bow is out the water when running and there is too much turbulance. Also the transducer needs to be parallel to the water. If your wanting to view your depth while trolling, you can mount it to your trolling motor.
2220 Pro 300 HPDI Vmax
ktdore

Postby allamard » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:43 pm

I have just recently installed my old Lowrance sonar\gps unit on my bow, the transducer is mounted on my trolling motor. The setup works great. I purchased the mounting bracket from Academy for $7.00. The transducer is mounted on the bottom of the trolling motor housing and parallel to the waterline.

I wired the forward sonar unit to the trolling motor contacts beneath the trolling motor plug, works great.

I replaced my old lowrance unit recently with the Lowrance 520C GPS|Sonar|Radar capable NMEA 2000 networked unit. I purchased the Mapcreate software and NavCharts as a more detailed supplement. Great unit!

I have sonar at the bow and transom and as I do not regularly fish deep water, I have not seen any problems with the two radar cones interfering with each other.
allamard

Postby deltapirate » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:39 pm

thanks for the info i'm fixin' to install a new eagle this weekend.
I'll let ya know how it works out. 8-)
deltapirate

Postby deltapirate » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:37 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got the VICKI LOUISE out today caught 1 small goat oh well.
The main thing was I got to try out the new bow mounted depth recorder mod.
It worked perfect at slow speed, while the boat was planning off it quit, but after plainning off it worked up to 41mph in calm water.
watching 2 depth recorders at the same time is going to be a big
improvement , fishing dropoffs, stucture, coverring twice the water.
The install was not easy cutting holes in a 25k boat (blind to what was on the otherside),not knowing the hull composition, amount of foam. I was hoping for some proffessional advise (tried the bb forum but got no reply)
Anyway I'm very happy with the way it worked, and all the cables,wires,
transducer out of the way. I would not advise this to the novice, but it
will work.
deltapirate

Return to Bay Boats