Spreader Lights

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Spreader Lights

Postby thedollilama » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Does anybody have any recommendations on spreader lights? How to fish the t top for wiring, what brand, brackets to mount them to t top???

Thanks,
thedollilama

Re: Spreader Lights

Postby Nightfisher » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:19 pm

This is an older post, so the info might not be needed any more, but when i had to fish wires through the rails on my old pontoon boat I would tie a small piece of foam to a long piece of light string like yarn, tie the other end of the yarn to some twine, then use a shop vac to suck the piece of foam from one hole in the rail to the next. the foam drags the yarn with it, then you can use the yarn to pull the stronger twine through, then use that to pull the wires. Just be careful not to suck the string completely through. lol. I left the loose end connected to the spool and watched for it to pull tight. Might not work for really long runs, but it sure does help get the wire fished around curves and corners.
Nightfisher

Re: Spreader Lights

Postby thedollilama » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:49 am

Nightfisher,
I appreciate the suggestion. Somebody had briefly mentioned to me a shop vac, but not with all the details you just did. Everything else I have fished on this boat from the batteries to console and batteries to front compartment has been easy except for the amount of wires filling up the tube you go through! I hope to try it soon and will let you know how it works.

Thanks again,
thedollilama

Return to Bay Boats