Anchor Storage Issues

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Anchor Storage Issues

Postby bobbatt » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:16 pm

Glad the forums are back up and running.

Has anyone had a problem with their anchor storage? I own a 2006 2220 Fisherman that has a hole in the anchor storage compartment. My dealer, G&F(Raceland, LA) tells me that the anchor storage compartment has a way for water to get into the compartment and rinse off the anchor. They tell me that my anchor has punched a hole in that compartment and water is leaking into the bottom of the boat. Blazer is supposed to repair this hole under warranty. I got the impression that my boat wasn't the only Blazer with this problem.

Bob Battistella
#225-936-0347
bobbatt

Re: Anchor Storage Issues

Postby Blazer Johnnie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:35 am

Bob,

Your dealer has informed you correctly in that there is an inlet into your anchor locker for water to enter while your boat is at rest, then exit when the boat is running to assist in cleaning out your anchor locker.

That area is heavily reinforced to withstand the weight of the anchor, however there may be instances where extreme conditions may cause damage to the area. Unlike our competition, if that occurs in your Blazer Bay, as you have indicated that your dealer is now doing, those repairs will be taken care of under your Blazer warranty.

Blazer is always looking for ways to improve our boats and appreciates any ideas that our customers have for us, so if any of you know of a better way please, let me know. I would like to hear your thoughts/ideas on this or any other issues.

If we can make it better, we will.

Blazer Johnnie :D
Blazer Johnnie
Site Admin

Postby Milton » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:24 pm

I have the same problem in my 2200 professional. The top of the anchor where the chain attaches has punctured the fiberglass.
2005 2200 Professional, Yamaha 200 HPDI
Milton

Postby BBKing » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:15 pm

Mine too, but the anchor punched a hole in the back lower wall of the storage box.
This allowed water to come in and make the bilge pumps run.
I am sure Blazer would have fixed this, but I did not want to wait on it.
I patched it with a fiberglass patch kit for about $20.
I now make sure the anchor will not bounce around in rough water.
2220 Fisherman (Black) w/F200
"Hold'em Hook, Hold'em!"
BBKing

Return to Bay Boats