2020 bay offshore

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

2020 bay offshore

Postby jwb » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:54 pm

would like to no what every one thought about taking the 2020 offshore 40 miles my friends feel we could do it with some common sense and good weather? And thanks for ur response butch on my last question.
jwb

Re: 2020 bay offshore

Postby Butch » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 am

jwb,
running offshore on a good day wouldn't be a problem but if a storm comes from the north you will have a problem getting back in. 8-)
I've fished the Lumps (offshore) out of Venice a few times chasing Tuna and we were in a 25' Proline (single engine) and the hub on the prop slipped. Lucky we had a spare prop but someone had to go overboard to change it. Well, we had just finished pulling hooks from a few sharks we caught. I guess it could be done but I would be worried about the weather.
What will you be fishing for :?:
Butch

Postby dyepac » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:52 pm

we fish off shore in lower dularge(20-30 miles),the water there is not as deep as the lump...please keep a eye on the weather,,if you have any doubt!!!!time to take off...we fish in a 2220 pro model with a 225 on back..i just dont like reading stories about boaters that didnt make it back...GET A VHF RADIO WITH DSC AND HOOK IT TO YOUR GPS>>WITH A MMSI#.(maritime mobile service idenity)it logs all your personal info so they know what to look for AND IT"S FREE
http://www.boatus.com ...it's free
2220 pro,yammie 225 vmax...seafoam green
dyepac

Postby Butch » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:29 pm

JWB, did you make that run offshore yet?
Butch

Postby BBKing » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:25 am

JWB, where do you fish out of? I fish out of Orange Beach/Pensacola mostly.
I have made several trips 40 or so miles out in my 2220 Pro. I would love to have
a fishing partner that is willing to make the trip also. I am willing to share/swap
some Great! privet numbers to have another boat incase one of us gets in trouble.
Some of our photo are on Blazer's web site. 8-)

As for that offshore trip, make sure you watch the weather Very close! Never chance it!
I have been caught out in some very bad weather (5'-7)'. :oops: The boat did fine you just
can not run headed into that kind of waves. It makes for a very long/slow ride in.
You also need to be careful about running out in rough seas. If you are
running with the waves you will have a smooth ride that will turn into
Hell when you turn around and try to run into them.

Be careful and have fun!
2220 Fisherman (Black) w/F200
"Hold'em Hook, Hold'em!"
BBKing

Postby nocull » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:21 pm

I just boat a 07 2020 with a Yamaha Carb 150. It runs around 50 WOT. The boat does have some water come in through the self draing hull. The rod lockers are short (I removed the factor installed holes and have to figure out how wo make the rod holders work). The boat fishes well and I was in two and three footers last weekend and it handled it well. I bass fish more than I salt water fish but this boat should be versitale. I boat a closeout model for the same price you stated but it included the TM, Batteries and charger and a spare.

Opps posted in wrong subject.
nocull

Return to Bay Boats