Boat covers

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Boat covers

Postby RedFish_n » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:52 pm

Anybody having problems with their blazer boat cover? Some type of glue is coming off of it and sticking to my boat. Makes the boat look dirty after it has been covered.
RedFish_n

Re: Boat covers

Postby Blazer Johnnie » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:08 pm

Do you tow your boat with the cover on it? If you do it could be a combination of road grime and the cover actually wearing on your gelcoat.

If not and your boat is just sitting and you are getting something on your boat from the cover, please call me at 936-443-1707 and I will get your info and call our cover supplier for you.

I never recommend towing with a cover. Besides wearing on your boat it also cuts down on your fuel mileage believe it or not, up to 2 to 3 miles per gallon.

Blazer Johnnie ;)
Blazer Johnnie
Site Admin

Postby RedFish_n » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:59 pm

Thanks for the reply Johnnie. It just sits with the cover on it. I do not tow with it. I brought it back to Eric at G&F, and he is taking care of it for me. I was just wondering if anybody else was having this problem.
RedFish_n

Postby dyepac » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:31 pm

johnny can we post pictures on here.or is that the reason the last one went down.i have a glue like substice on the gunnels of the boat kinda like a light brown and i cant get it off..have you heard from anybody else about something else like this.
the boat cover post made me think of this...if i cant post a pic here i can send you one to your e-mail address

dyepac
2220 pro,yammie 225 vmax...seafoam green
dyepac

Postby Blazer Johnnie » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:09 am

As far as I know you can post pictures here. Try it and if it doesn't work let me know and I will get with the web people.

Blazer Johnnie :)
Blazer Johnnie
Site Admin

Postby Groman » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:01 am

I took this from another website, but posting pictures here works that same way.

Step 1
To be able to post pictures they have to be hosted on the web somewhere.Places to stay away from are MSN,Yahoo,or any other of the "Free" space you get with your email account. My personal favorites are Photobucket & shutterfly. After you open an account at one of these places you can upload pictures from your computer into your account and then . Here are the links to photobucket and shutterfly
http://www.shutterfly.com/
http://photobucket.com/

Step 2
1. View a picture in shutterfly (look at it on your screen)

2. Right-click on the picture itself. At the very bottom you will see the "Properties" selection... choose it.

3. On the properties tab that pops up, you will see something that says "address" or "URL". Next to it will be a bunch of gibberish that looks something like this: [url]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4da37b3127cce9a52572f7f7e00000016108IcNmjdsxbc]h[/url]

THAT IS A URL!!

4. Highlight that long string of characters with your mouse (starting with http://). It will turn blue when you do.

5. Right click and select "copy"

6. Come to your thread you want to add your picture to and click the Img button above the text window.

7. It will pop a set of IMG brackets in your text box that look like this "

8. Position your cursor in between the brackets, right click and select "paste".

9.Hit post at the bottom of the reply box and your image should appear

*If your account requires a username and password to get to your photos you will have to share the images first and then use step two.
Groman

Postby dyepac » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:29 pm

thanks ,i see it now i use imageshack .when it quits raining i will take a pic of it and post
2220 pro,yammie 225 vmax...seafoam green
dyepac

Postby Mentalic » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:59 pm

I'm using an after market boat cover made of sunbrella fabric. Its been working great so far.
Blazer Bay 2170, Yamaha F150, Minkota autopilot, Garman 178c
Mentalic

Return to Bay Boats