Shell Beach Report

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Re: Shell Beach Report

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:08 pm

Sunday fun on the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with John, Allen, and his sons Max and Eli. I picked up the crew at Campo’s along with a load of live shrimp. We headed over behind Hopedale and caught the last of the falling tide. We got on a good Trout bite and the kids were having a blast reeling in Trout after Trout. They were pulling them in as fast as I could take them off. When the tide died out so did our hot bite. We made a couple of moves and picked up a few Reds before calling it an early day with a great box of fish. Total for the day was 80 Trout, 3 Reds, 1 Drum, and 6 Sheepshead.

WE HAVE 4 BOATS WAITING TO TAKE YOU ON YOUR NEXT FISHING ADVENTURE. OUR LODGE SLEEPS 19 ANGLERS, just steps from the boats. Check out the photos of the quality fish we have been on. Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

Capt. Rory

http://www.unitedcharters.com
First class speckled trout and redfish
fishing charters in Shell Beach, Louisiana
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Windy Wednesday on the Beach. On my boat for the day was a crew of 4 from the Rexnord Group. I picked them up from a friend’s camp in Proctors Landing. I had a feeling it was going to be tough day. The water was dead low, dirty and falling. Add a little wind to it and it was not the best conditions. On the up side the sky was clear and the temps cool, very nice. We started off near Hopedale fishing with Campo’s live shrimp on the bottom and got on a good bite. The guys put some nice Trout and some big Heads in the boat. They had a blast and said they don’t catch like that in Alabama. Our bite faded out with the tide so we made a few moves, picking up a few fish at each stop. The guys had a lot of fun and put together a nice box of fish. Total for the day was 70 Trout, 15 Sheepshead, 3 Drum, and 1 Red.

The Trout are on and the fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps are open. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters, dates are filling fast. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:44 pm

Good day today at the Beach. My crew for today was Jim, Jim, and Ernie. The wind was calm and it was very cool this morning as we headed out. For a change of pace we went out a little further than where I have been fishing lately and headed to the edge of the Sound. We made a couple of stops and got on some nice Trout with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. The guys had a great time as they steadily put Trout in the boat, along with some Drum and Sheepshead. Total for the day was 100 Trout, 1 Red, 6 Drum, 8 Sheepshead, and 1 Flounder.

Fall and winter fishing is in full swing and some of the best fishing of the year is still ahead. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps are open. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters, dates are filling fast. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:50 pm

Time to catch up a little. Been very busy the past couple of weeks and have not been able to keep up with reports. The fishing has been great with lots of fish and happy customers. Limits or close to them everyday. The fishing has been hot. Here are few reports with photos of some of the trips.

On Sunday 11/2 I had the Silver Bullet gang onboard, Charles, Nick, Ray, Gary, and Vincent. We started out fishing a few deep bayous below Hopedale. The guys started to put some fish in the boat with Campo’s live shrimp on the bottom. The Trout would start then stop with lots of Sheepshead mixed in. We made a few moves picking up some good Trout and plenty throwbacks at each. The guys had a great time and put a good box of fish together. 80 Trout, 20 Sheepshead, and 4 Drum.

Monday 11/3 Cecil and Jimmy was my crew. This was their second day of fishing. We fished on the Biloxi marsh side and the guys caught some pretty Trout. We fished with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork and got on a couple of good Trout bites. The guys had a lot of fun and filled the boat with fish. 70 Trout, 4 Sheepshead, 4 Drum, and 1 Flounder.

Saturday 11/8 my guests were Barry Law, Derrick Boudreaux, his wife Angie, and daughter Mallory. We sent the day fishing the Lake Robin area and had a good bite going early. Mallory had the hot hand. Every time I turned around she had a fish on. When this bite died we made a few moves and got on a slow, but steady bite and stuck with it. It was a very fun day on the water and a lot of fish were caught. 125 Trout, 15 Sheepshead, and 4 Drum.

Thursday 11/13 I had the Peyton Parker group, Peyton, Bill, Frank and PM. We fished the Biloxi Marsh area with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. We made a few moves and got on a couple of good Trout bites. The guys had a great time and caught some very nice Trout. They were a lot of fun to fish with and I sure hope I get around like they do at their age. We left them biting with 84 Trout, 1 Drum, 1 Sheepshead, and 1 Flounder.

WE HAVE 4 BOATS WAITING TO TAKE YOU ON YOUR NEXT FISHING ADVENTURE. OUR LODGE SLEEPS 19 ANGLERS, just steps from the boats. Check out the photos of the quality fish we have been on. Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

Capt. Rory

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:39 am

Time to catch up a little from the Beach. The last couple of weeks have been very busy and the fishing has been great. Lots of fish caught and memories made. Here are a few reports of some of the trips.

On Halloween day Chris Herrmann brought his dad Don along with friends Scott Ricca and Tom Fennell to the Beach. Conditions were less than ideal with a good NE wind blowing. We started out fishing the rocks at the end of the MRGO and got on some big Trout with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork The action was not fast and the wind made it tough, but the quality of the Trout was nice. The wind picked up so we headed on into the marsh and put some more meat in the box. The guys had a great time and ended up with 65 Trout, 5 Reds, 3 Drum, 8 Heads, and 1 Flounder.

Friday 11/7 it was the Renshaw group, Brian, Terry, Stan, and Chris. There was a front with some rain bearing down on us, but we had a good window to get out early and catch some fish. We fished in the Lake Robin area with Campo’s live shrimp on a Carolina rig and under a cork. The guys had a great time and put together a nice box of fish before the rains and wind came. Total for the day was 75 trout, 5 heads, 2 reds, and 5 puppy drum.

Wednesday 11/12 I had Jim, John, Wayne, and Gail onboard. There was some rain on the way as we left the dock, but it would be awhile before it made it through the area. We fished nice and close in Lake Borgne and got on a good Trout bite with live shrimp under a cork. The Trout were very nice sized and steadily coming to the boat. We could see the rain on the way so we stopped a few short of our limits and headed on in early and dry. 110 Trout, 1 Red, and a great time by all.

Friday 11/14 Al Fandrich brought John, Justin, and Derrick down for some fishing fun. With a front approaching there was an east wind with a high and falling tide as we left Campo’s. We headed over to Lake Borgne and made a few stops picking up fish at each. The bite would start and stop, but the guys kept picking away at them. The Trout were nice sized and filling the box up. Derrick had the fish of the day, a large Pompano, what a surprise catch. They had a great time and filled up the box with limits for all. Total for the day was 125 Trout, 4 Drum, 4 Heads, 1 Flounder and 1 Pompano.

Fall and winter fishing is in full swing and some of the best fishing of the year is still ahead. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps are open. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters, dates are filling fast. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:03 pm

Lots of fish and fun on the Beach. November and December were very busy and fishing has been outstanding. Last Friday I had the pleasure of fishing with Jim, Ted, and Ted. I picked the guys up at Jim’s house in Fort Beauregard and we headed over behind Hopedale. The weather was warm and there was little wind. We drifted several lagoons and lakes catching some very nice Trout. The action was not fast, but the quality Trout filled up the box. Most of the fish were caught on Campo’s live shrimp under a cork, but most of them fell for the Bayou Chub under a cork and few on Catch 5’s. The guys had a great time and put together a nice pile of fish. Total was 75 Trout, 9 Bass, and 1 Head.

I would like to wish all of my customers and fishing friends Merry Christmas and thank you for another great year.

Winter fishing is in full swing with some very good fishing to be had. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps are open. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters, dates are filling fast. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:54 am

Late report for Saturday from the Beach. Onboard were Omar and Keith from San Diego. They have fished with me several times and came in for another round of Shell Beach fun. The weather was iffy at best with rain on the way. We got a late start and the guys wanted Redfish. We started out right off the MRGO picking up one 28” Red and few nice Trout. We then moved into the marsh fishing some ponds with Campo’s live minnows and dead shrimp under a cork. The guys put some nice Reds on ice and released a bunch of under sized ones. We did end up getting wet, but the guys did not care. The Reds did not mine the rain either. They have a great time and I am looking forward to their next trip down. Total take home for the day was 11 Reds and 7 pretty Trout.

Spring is here and the action is great. The Trout are gearing up and the Sound is loaded with big fish when conditions permit. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two nice down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters, dates are filling fast. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby dyepac » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:16 pm

hey the bald headed pirate is alive............hows the water down there rory got a tourney there saturday..
2220 pro,yammie 225 vmax...seafoam green
dyepac

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Windy day on the Beach today. My crew for the day was Don, his son Canyon, and David. The wind was howling this morning as we pulled out. We headed over towards Four Horse and the guys worked hard for 18 keepers and a bunch of throwback Trout fishing with Bayou Chubs under a cork. Our next move was to look for some Reds. We missed a few at the first stop, but found some at the next spot. Dead shrimp under a cork did the trick and the guys put together a good box of fish considering the high winds. Total for the day was 18 Trout, 8 Reds, 8 Drum, and 1 Flounder.

Spring is here and the action is great. The Trout are gearing up and the Sound is loaded with big fish when conditions permit. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two nice down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters, dates are filling fast. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:49 pm

Breezy Friday on the Beach. On board for the day was Houston Hayman, John Leerkes, Bob Veranneau, and Ramo Jones. It was a clear cool morning and the NW wind was blowing. All that wind and the hard falling tide made for dirty water all over the place. We did a lot of drifting fishing with Bayou Chubs under a cork. The Trout were nice sized, but hard to come by. The water may have been a little dirty for the Trout, but the Reds and Drum did not mind it. We hit a couple points, added some dead shrimp to the hook, and the guys had a blast with the Reds and Drum. We left the fish biting with an ice chest stuffed to the top and flights to catch. Total for the day was 13 Reds, 21 Drum, 12 Trout, and 2 Flounder.

Capt. Rory

Capt. Rory Rorison

PreviousNext

Return to Bay Boats