Hole shot trouble

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bass boats.

Hole shot trouble

Postby argieray » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:11 pm

I recently purchased a 210 pro v with a 300 hp merc. Has a 10 inch jack plate and the motor came with a 27 pitch tempest prop with 3 holes. Very fast boat when it finally gets on plane. With 2 people in the boat and no water in the livewell, I am looking at 7 to 8 seconds to plane out. Add a full livewell and I'm wondering if it will ever come out of the hole. Can I lower the motor to help? Should the holes in the prop be plugged or unplugged to improve the hole shot. Would appreciate any advice.
Argie Coonts owner
argieray

Re: Hole shot trouble

Postby vyper » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:42 pm

Dude....whats your L.U? torquemaster or sporty? Shaft height? Rpms on holeshot? Need more info bro...
vyper

Postby lwiley » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:19 pm

I also am a new owner of a Blazer boat and experienced the same hole shot problem. I eventually had a friend (also a Blazer owner) come out and show me how to drive this boat. My boat wouldn't "blow out" with full throttle but was extremely sluggish from the green light, which was a problem tournament fishing. Something to try: Trim completely down, full throttle, then begin trimming once your bow is at the highest point. It's going to take a few test runs to get this down but when you do it should cut your plane time in half.
lwiley

Postby bassman1 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:47 pm

I am having the same problem with my 225 opti max with a 26 trophy plus prop. All the holes are pluged and my plugs have holes in them as well. I have tried them serveral different ways but with the holes plug seem to work best. When I add water to the live well and a person it is a lot worst. My motor is set on a 10" slidemaster jackplate and my motor is in the second hole from the top of the mounting bracket of the jackplate. WOT is 74.5 mps. It use to be 78.3 but I guess the motor is getting old it is a 1999 225 opti. My boat is a 2001 202. Should my motor be in the middle hole? A friend told me that it should be in the middle hole and not the second hole from the top. There are five mounting holes on the motor and mine is in the second hole from the top. I am about 3" above ( big paddle looking thing on the lower unit) the pad. Not sure what kind of lower unit. It is the standard L.U. that comes with the opti. RPM's is about 4500 when she breaks over. I love my boat and if I purchese another one it will definitly be a Blazer. I have had this boat for 9 years. Any help would be appreiciated. I have had this problem from the start but never worried about it because once she got over on plane she blows by a lot of boats. I am very proud to be a Blazer owner.
bassman1

Postby bassman1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

I would like to know what hole on the motor that you guys have the bolts in. There are 5 holes on my Merk Opti max and mine are in the second hole from the top. My brother has a bullet boat and his is set up in the 3rd or middle hole on his merk.
bassman1

Postby bassman1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Hey guys I have good news. I went from the 2nd hole to the 3rd hole and it made big differents in my hole shot. I am satisfied now with my hole shot and my speed did not change. I can still do 75 to 76 mph by myself and 72 to 74 with a partner (gps). All it took was two strong friends and myself to make it happen and a few test runs. My 225 opti max is performing the same except my hole shot is much better so give it a try guys. Please let me know how it works for you. Just to let you all know I have a 26 pitch trophy plus all the holes are plugged with the plugs that have holes in them. So what do you have to lose except some time and a little muscle from a couple of friends to make it happen. If it don't work for you just put it back where it was are try another hole and maybe try to take some plugs in or out. It really is not that hard to do. If you have any questions just e-mail me here on the site.
bassman1

Return to Bass Boats