***PLEASE HELP CAVITATION/ AV PLATE LOCATION ***

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

***Blazer 2220 FISHERMAN ISSUES ***

Postby SPICY-D » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:00 pm

Sorry for waiting so long to write an update to this post. All of the issues with this boat have been resolved. Blazer took it back and repaired all the fiberglass issues and changed out the Jack plate with another brand. With the new Jack plate the boat performs great with a great hole shot. The cracks in the transom on both the port and starboard sides were repaired however, the port side started cracking again the second time out, about 2 inches and I'm on about fishing trip 15 and it's at about 6 inches, with a little spidering. I've talked to Butch about this and he said that I could send the boat back any time and he would take care of it. I'm just enjoying the boat for now and will probably get it back to them before the summer.
I've had two smartcraft gauges go out. I'm waiting on the second one to come in now. One quit working alltogether and mercury replaced it under warranty and the second went out a week ago and this time it was the LCD only. Don't know how I got two bad ones.
After a day of fishing, when I get in and wash the boat I've noticed that something gets discharged out of the bilge along with the water. It's almost like a thick varnish that it stuck to the hull. Acetone is the only thing that gets it off and that's with a lot of elbow grease. Anyone ever see this? The other thing is water does not drain out of the deck all that great. The only way it all gets out is a 10 minute plus ride from one fishing hole to the other to keep all the water in the back. If I'm washing the boat I can put extra boards and jack it up way high and it takes forever.
Other than that, Cypremort Point sucks for fishing. I used to live in Houma and could not go wrong when fishing Dularge and I knew all the spots. I last went to Dularge this past summer and there were three of us in the boat. We left Falgout Marina just before sunrise and were back at the camp by 11:00 a.m. We had limited out on Specs and Reds. We cleaned em and packed em all in the freezer, ate lunch, took a nap and were headed back out for more at around 2:00 p.m. We got back to the camp just after dark with another limit of Reds and 37 trout.
All of my trips have been out of Cypremort Point. I limited out once on Red's. Never happened again. Most trout I've ever come in with is 7.
I guess I'm gonna have to pay a guide (lol) to show me where they are in Cypremort, just kidding.
I think I'm going to make fewer trips and just make the long haul to Dularge or Cocodrie from now on.
SPICY-D

Re: ***PLEASE HELP CAVITATION/ AV PLATE LOCATION ***

Postby rorgero » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Spicy-D

I veiwed the pictures on all the issues with your boat.I understand that your concern was the cavitation problem.However, My question is on the fiberglass issues. Did the fisherman come from Blazer with all the fiberglass problems? Are did these problems with the fiberglass show up after you used the boat for a few fishing trips? :?: :?: :?:
rorgero

Postby SPICY-D » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:34 am

Transom cracks were after use, all of the other fiberglass issues were at delivery. In my opinion, most, if not all of the problems with the boat are quality control issues. I've never done fiberglass work other than patching up my pirogue, but I did hear that the drying time or the mixture or temperature, etc. etc., may have something to do with the cracks in the transom. As I said, as of today it's reoccuring on the port side and the starboard is fine. I'm gonna keep it a while longer before I send it back in hopes that the starboard side does not crack, that way hopefully they can take care of one side.
The issue with the timted or painted area of the winshield, (paint/ tint coming off) is happening again, but I've seen quite a few BB's in use since that was replaced and they all have the same problems.
SPICY-D

Postby rorgero » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:44 pm

I agree with you about the quality control issue, your boat should have never left the factory with those issues.I have a fisherman 08 and have had some problems myself. I've had the boat 10 month and have had to get fiberglass issues repaired by blazer. I had spider cracks all alone the inner gunwale where the deck meets the side of the inner hull and on the back part of the deck where the nonskid meets the smooth gel coat.They made the repairs,however some area are starting to chip. I spoke with Butch and they will be takeing my boat back to blazer to repair the areas that are chipping.I hope this will be the last time. My dealer and blazer have been very helpful on repairs to my BB.
I also had some fiberglass chipping on the side of the hull due to when I was trailering the boat the very bottom side of the boat would hit the allum. fender plate for the tires.They said that the guide post on the trailer were not close enough to the boat? In my opinion starline is not the right trailer for BB boats.It can be difficult to trailer the boat in windy conditions. The guide post sometimes push the front keel of center of the front bunks.
I continue to have paint rub off the windshield if I'm not careful putting it on and off. Not really a big deal, I'll use mineral spirits to clean the console every other fishing trip if needed.
I was wondering what number you get with that mercury? I have a Z200 hpdi and she runs about 51 to 53mph on the gps.
Have you known anyone with a 2220 fisherman that had a 300hp on it.Was wondering what number it produced?
Thanks for the input,
rorgero

Postby SPICY-D » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:46 pm

I have no problems trailering my boat. As far as the fiberglass issues, I see none except the transom. I have a chip or two from rocks hitting the hull while traveling.
When I first got the boat, the Merc would push it @ 57 mph gps-Garmin 540S. That was with both a 3 and 4 blade. I get a constant 55 mph if I run WOT @ 5,000 RPM. I still have not propped the boat out. I'm happy with the performance. I'll get around to the best prop later. I'd like to think that the gps is more accurate than the paddle wheel. Paddle wheel is always 2-3 mph slower than the gps. I've keep the 3 blade on it however, I'm looking into a Power Tech 4 blade.
SPICY-D

DUD

Postby SPICY-D » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:30 am

More to come.
SPICY-D

DUD

Postby SPICY-D » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:14 pm

To all that have been reading this post,

I will be writing another post with a new heading, that will deatail the aforementioned, and will have a link up with pictures in the near future. I took the previous link with pictures offline some time ago.
SPICY-D

Postby SPICY-D » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:42 pm

More to come
Transom is cracking for the fourth time, started last year not long after the 3rd time Blazer repaired it. I pulled all of my gear out of the boat about 2 weeks ago for a good cleaning and found that: one rod box, both fish boxes, and the forward storage boxes are all cracking. WTF?????? Anybody have any idea why? :roll:
SPICY-D

Postby rorgero » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:12 pm

Yep, have the same problem... Found more spider cracks in gelcoat again... Small crack on transom, bait well, and some of the storage compartments... Waiting for dealer to get back with me. Sent pics of cracks to dealer. Waiting to here what there going to do. Some of the cracks were already repaired by blazer. Dealer said that he has a local guy that can repair.... I hope this guy can do a better job. Sucks when you wait almost two months for your boat to come back from manufacture and repairs didn't work...I feel your pain... :x :x
rorgero

Postby dc2220fisherman » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:54 pm

Yea man im having the same problems, my 2010 2220 fisherman has gel coat cracks at the transom already, this is the second time im having problems with this. I have 22 hours on this rig, is this what i can learn to expect from blazer, this is ridiculous, horrible quality.
dc2220fisherman

PreviousNext

Return to Bay Boats