GPS/Fishfinder comb

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

GPS/Fishfinder comb

Postby hlmoore » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:48 pm

I am wanting to get a gps/fishfinder comb with the capabllity to monitor the fuel uses on my Yam 150. Looking for a 10" unit, any ideals?
hlmoore

Re: GPS/Fishfinder comb

Postby briscoec » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:08 pm

I widh I could tell you to buy Garmin. But they have changed their Blue Chart program and fiormat on their GPSMAP units. Terrible. Completey NOT user friendly. Anytime you want to go to a waypoint it sorts them by the nearest one to your position, can't put it alphabetical. So you may have to scroll through page after page looking for a name. Their program also doesn't show the bay reefs that their old G1 program showed. Galveston Bay has 50 reefs and the new program shows, 3 or 4. It's insane.

I tried to get a refund and get them to send my old G1 data card back (my old unit died and they give a 30% discount if you turn in old data card). they said they destroy the cards as soon as they come in. This was one week after I bought it.

When the screen comes up you have to scan through two drop down boxes to come to the screen showing your navigation. Same for the home button, it doesn't show navigation screen, you have to go through two drop down boxes. Here you are trying to find where you are and you have to go through drop down boxes. It's crazy!@

The home button should always take you to the navigation chart. Very disappointing!!!!!
briscoec

Return to Bay Boats