Bilge and Console Smells

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Bilge and Console Smells

Postby Itsaboattime » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 pm

How do I get rid of the smell in my Bilge area and Console? I continue to scrub, air out the compartments, no standing water....and it still smells! Anyone have a suggestion??
Itsaboattime

Re: Bilge and Console Smells

Postby dc2220fisherman » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Simple Green
dc2220fisherman

Postby Itsaboattime » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:01 pm

I hate to ask this...but are you being serious? I typically use Soft Scrub commercial when cleaning the boat, however I use Simple Green in the garage and office applications. I guess I will try it, it can't hurt.
Itsaboattime

Postby dc2220fisherman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Yep im serious, i spray it throughout the whole boat, lets it sit for a minute or two, then scrub with a deck brush or soft car washing brush and hose it off, works amazing. No smell can withstand simple green i think, that some powerful stuff.
dc2220fisherman

Postby briscoec » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:48 am

Clorox! Buy a sprayer from walmart that is made for clorox. They make a couple of gallon sizaed sprayer specific for bleach use. I mix mine about 50 - 50.

Spray it and clean the rest of the outside and then rinse it out. Done. You can even spray it in your live well and rinse it out (it will not harm your bait the next time you fish). The truth is bleach is great for cleaning the floor of the boat also the only problem is after a number of uses it can remove wax. Same with where you clean fish, clorox! Why do you think on CSI they show the bad guys suing bleach to get reid of dna evidence. You can even spray it on chunks of fish and flies won't come around, period. I don't know what it does but it rocks.
briscoec

Return to Bay Boats