taking on water in the bilge ,,, got in touch with Lonnie

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Re: taking on water in the bilge ,,, got in touch with Lonnie

Postby blazerbay2020 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:28 am

Rhino,

I take it your in Baton Rouge. Well I am in St. James Parish, a little east of you. I also am having a problem with my boat filling with water while I'm out on the water. I tried to block in the isolation valve on the aerator suction and that does no good. I have never heard of the anchor locker being a problem spot. I will try and put my boat in the water soon and see if this may be my problem also. Please keep us updated if blazer helps you reach a solution.

Leigh Veron
Leigh Veron
2007 Blazer Bay 2020
2007 Yamaha 200Z HPDI
Gonzales, LA
blazerbay2020

Postby rhino » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Here is an easy test to see if it is your anchor lochor drain . Can be done on the trailer . Try this while the boat is somewhat dry , that way there is no doubt where the water came from .
The drain for the anchor locker is a shiny clamshell on the outside of the hull in the front of the bow on the side , usually the right side . Its supposed to be above the water line , some aren't . Find the clamshell and clog it or tape it up . It doe'snt have to be a water tight seal , we're not really looking for water to come out there . Ok , now you can either do this with the plug in or out . Plug in seems to be a bit more satisfying , the bilge pump should come on . Now take a hose and start filling up your anchor locker with water . Keep an eye on it , if your boat is like mine the wires for the trolling motor come out of a 2" hole at the top of the anchor locker . We don't want water getting through that hole , it would ruin the test . If you keep filling up the locker and the water is going somewhere into the bilge the bilge pump sould come . If all this happens you know what the problem is .
rhino

Postby rhino » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Aug 10 Finally got the anchor locker drain resolved . Got the boat back from Larry Tidwell in Pride , La. They got an excelent operation going on over there , a real pleasure to work with . Everybody over there at Larry's shop is real friendly and I know they got alot of work to do but they allways answer the phone and all of your questions .

All of the good word about how Blazer backs up their warranty and stands behind their boats , well I'm not feeling it . Regardless of being a small issue or not this has not been ideal customer service .
rhino

Postby baybreaker » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:50 pm

was fishing fri out of dog river after about 2 hrs bilge pump came on pumped about 3 gallons of water out got to the house filled anchor storage live wells etc still cant find any leak ,, next step is taking it to the lake and turning on live well pumps see if it is leaking around clamps on the hoses , if not that then i have to get more expertise advice maybe blazer bay can help model 2020 ,, 2007 .
baybreaker

Postby baybreaker » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:41 pm

found my leak by putting the boat in the water,,,, had cracked bait/aerator ,hard to unscrew once i got it to the house but gotter done
baybreaker

Postby rhino » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:15 am

Good to hear that you got it fixed , I know it's aggrivating !
rhino

Previous

Return to Bay Boats