bow hangs up on front roller

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

bow hangs up on front roller

Postby baybreaker » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:48 am

I have a 2020 blazer bay that everytime i launch my boat the bow hangs up on the front roller have tried launching shallow deep and everyway i know same problem everytime, so now i have studied a way to fabricate a bow stop called a cow catcher,,, hope this helps anyone else with bay boats that hang up ,,,,and yes i know the stern floats up and raisees the bow some but what i have learned in talking to other fishermen they have the same problem.
baybreaker

Re: bow hangs up on front roller

Postby d_p » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:15 pm

I have just recently started to have this problem when I got a new truck. My previous vehicle was much lower and it didn't happen. I changed the bow roller from the original soft black one to a larger one. That helps but didn't resolve the problem. I am going to try a diffrent hitch to see if that helps. I will let you know.
d_p

Postby rhino » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:54 am

I take it that the eye goes up past the boat stop roller?
On my 2170 I had been wondering just exactly where does it need to stop. So far the way its always been the eye looks like it belongs just under the rubber stop.
Maybe a little adjusting is what ya need, for a fee natruraly a trailer place could set up your trailer.
rhino

Postby stms26 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:33 pm

I have a 2220 that will do the same thing on a steep ramp. I have adjusted the boat on the trailer and it helped a little. My bow eye was always under the stop, it was the liner and hull lip that would catch. Now I just don't go quite as far down the ramp. Keeps the stern from floating up and pushing bow down. I have read on this or another forum where people have put a roller under the bow to hold it up till you clear the stop. If I launched at a steep ramp all the time this is what I would do. You can do a search on here. The more I think about it it seems at one time Blazer was helping out with this problem. I will search when I get more time.
stms26

Postby SQnismo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 pm

my 2220 pro used to do this alot. but i had lower the my trailer hitch in order to help with a fueling problem. sense ive done that the bow does not hang up nearly at all. only on very steep ramps.
2220 PRO/ 225H.O. E-TEC
SQnismo

Postby rhino » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:22 pm

by SQnismo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 pm

my 2220 pro used to do this alot. but i had lower the my trailer hitch in order to help with a fueling problem. sense ive done that the bow does not hang up nearly at all. only on very steep ramps.2220 PRO/ 225H.O. E-TECSQnismo

E-mail SQnismo

Fueling problems? You lowered the trailer hitch to fix the fueling problem? You had issues with the venting?
rhino

Postby baybreaker » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:36 am

I have found several companys in florida that make a cow catcher they range in price from 87 dolllars to 135 plus about 30 dollars in shipping, last weekend while launching my boat I did the backing and stopping to get the boat to clear the front roller this works better didnt hang up, this is a little annoying but it works, plus i am going to spray my bunks with silicone but anyway I think i have solved most of my problems and hope this helps others that need info. :D
baybreaker

Postby SQnismo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:44 am

rhino wrote:
by SQnismo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 pm

my 2220 pro used to do this alot. but i had lower the my trailer hitch in order to help with a fueling problem. sense ive done that the bow does not hang up nearly at all. only on very steep ramps.2220 PRO/ 225H.O. E-TECSQnismo

E-mail SQnismo

Fueling problems? You lowered the trailer hitch to fix the fueling problem? You had issues with the venting?

i guess it is a venting problem. everytime i would fuel up. the fuel would come back up the fill hole and go all over my boat. (and its not because the tank is full). it was like you were trying to force the fuel in and it would just spit it back up. sence ive lowed the hitch it does not do it very often.

and reguarding the silicone spray. ive used the 'bunk roller' spray from academy. and it works great. just make sure you DO NOT undo the front winch strap before you back the boat down the ramp. i had a friend use this spray on his 22' Century and the first time out the boat almost slid right off the trailer on to the ramp.
2220 PRO/ 225H.O. E-TEC
SQnismo

Postby stms26 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:21 am

Since I started using the silicon spray, I tie the stern cleat to one of the guide post before launching. This way I can untie after I am in the boat. It makes it a lot easier than leaning over the bow if you are alone. But if you don't secure it will slide off.
stms26

Postby rhino » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Sqnismo , about that venting issue try putting a Racour fuel/air seperator inline in your vent hose and try to get rid of any bends or any extra slack in the fuel fill hose hose. Helped my boat alot, I can fill it up like my truck.
rhino

Next

Return to Bay Boats