Shell Beach Report

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Re: Shell Beach Report

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:07 pm

Late report for Sunday from the Beach. My crew for the day were Larry, Kerry, Bob, and Bob. After a stop by Campo’s for some live shrimp we headed over behind Hopedale. The weather was clear, cold, and a very light wind. We started out in deep bayou fishing on the bottom. The guys put a lot of Trout in the boat, but there plenty throwbacks mixed in. Once the sun warmed things up a little we moved over to a pond and started drifting. Here fishing with live shrimp under a cork the guys put some very nice sized Trout on ice along with a bunch of Drum. We also caught and released a ton of undersized Reds. They had a great time out on the water and a nice box of fish to go with it. Total for the day was 100 Trout, 12 Drum, 1 Red, and 3 Sheepshead.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and the fall/early winter fishing is on fire. This is some of the best fishing of the year. I still have plenty of open dates in December so book yours soon. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

http://www.unitedcharters.com
First class speckled trout and redfish
fishing charters in Shell Beach, Louisiana
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:15 pm

Late report for Wednesday from the Beach. It had been a while since I had been on the water with all the nasty weather we have had. My guests for the day were Michael and his dad Richard. I was hoping that we would have a nice calm day so we could head out to the Sound and chase Reds and Heads since the reports from the marsh have not been so hot for Trout. Instead the tide was dead low and falling with the wind blowing. Good thing was that the temps were mild and the sun was shining. We started out behind Hopedale drifting and fishing with LSU Bayou Chubs under a cork. It did not take long and the corks started going down and the guys were putting some Trout in the box. We stuck with it picking up 10 or so Trout on each drift. By the time we called it quits we had 65 Trout on ice and threw back many more that did not make the cut. The guys had a great time and it sure was nice to see some Trout again.

The fish are still out there and waiting for you. Now is the time to take advantage of the “Winter Special” that will run till the end of March and get in on the action. WINTER SPECIAL: 2 ANGLERS $450, 3 ANGLERS $550, 4 ANGLERS $650. THIS INCLUDES BAIT, GAS, ICE, TACKLE, AND FISH CLEANING. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Friday report from the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with Gary and his brother in law Kurt. The water was dead low and under 50*, but the wind was not bad so we hit the Sound. We made a couple stops with nothing to show for till our third rig. Here the guys started putting some fish in the boat. Dead shrimp on a jig head dropped to the bottom and cranked up a couple feet did the trick. Before long the Sheepshead started eating up and the box couldn’t hold any more. We headed in with 2 Reds, 2 Drum, and 25 Heads. The guys had a great time and were worn out fighting all those big hard pulling fish.

The fish are still out there and waiting for you. Now is the time to take advantage of the “Winter Special” that will run till the end of March and get in on the action. WINTER SPECIAL: 2 ANGLERS $450, 3 ANGLERS $550, 4 ANGLERS $650. THIS INCLUDES BAIT, GAS, ICE, TACKLE, AND FISH CLEANING. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon May 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Late report for Thursday from the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with Jim Walther, John, Jeff, and Keith. I picked the guys up at Jim’s camp and we headed out to Bay Eloi. The wind was blowing pretty hard and did not leave us too many options. Fishing with Campo’s live shrimp and croakers the guys put some good Trout in the box. The action never did get fast, but was steady. By the time we called it a day the guys had 70 Trout and 1 Flounder on ice.

The fishing in Shell Beach is still open and the fishing is hot. I have several open dates so come get in on the action. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:56 am

Last Friday’s report from the Beach. I had Robert Perilloux and his son onboard for the day. We fished in Bay Eloi with Campo’s live shrimp under cork and the guys put some nice Trout in the box. The bite was not fast, but it was steady and the Trout solid. We made a few moves and never did find the action very fast, but with quality fish and steady action it made for a fun day on the water. 75 Trout and one Redfish made for a cooler full of fillets for the guys to take home.

I also had several good trips for Capt. Frank with limits of Trout and a few Reds mixed in each day. The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding with most of the area still oil free and open for fishing. Just got a cancelation for this Sunday the 6th, so give me a call if you are interested in getting out and getting on the Trout.

There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:47 am

Late report for Monday from the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with the Brian Renshaw group of Brian, Stan, Jonathan, and Chris. It seems like Brian has a knack for bringing the wind with him when he comes to town and Monday was no exception. We started out to where I have been on a good Trout bite, but about half way there conditions ruled that out. From the looks of things it looked like a Redfish kind of day and the guys put a hurt on them. Fishing with Campo’s live shrimp under cork we started to put some meat in the boat. Never did find them bunched up and eating up, but steadily put fish in the boat. We managed to stay dry for the most part and the guys had a great time catching limits of Reds. Total for the day was 25 Reds, 15 Heads, 8 Drum, and 10 Trout.

The fishing has been great and there is still some open water we can fish or we can fish the closed areas for catch and release, the choice is yours. I have plenty of open dates. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:56 am

Two days of fun on the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with Omar and Keith over the weekend. They are from San Diego and come in to fish with me regularly. On day one we focused on Reds, heading over to the Delacroix area. It took two stops for us to put our limits of Reds on ice. We then moved over to a deep bayou that has been holding some Drum. The guys put 10 keepers on ice fishing with shrimp on the bottom. Total for the day was 15 Reds, 10 Drum, 2 Heads, and 4 Trout.

For day two we headed out to Bay Eloi for some Trout. At our first stop we put a few in the boat, but there were lots of little bait stealers eating up our live shrimp. With a shower headed towards us we may a move around the weather and set up at another rig. Here the Trout were eating up our Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. We had our 75 in the box before 10am and went to the marsh to look for some Reds. The guys picked up a few Reds and a couple of Drum to add to the Trout. We all also got to battle with some monster sized Drum that were released.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and the fall/early winter fishing is on fire. This is some of the best fishing of the year. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:09 pm

Another great day on the Beach. I have been fishing a lot as of late, mostly trips for Capt. Frank. The fishing has been outstanding along with the weather. Sunday my group was supposed to be my brother Stan, his daughter Sydney, one of Stan’s friends Tim along with his wife and two kids. I got a phone call while I was getting things ready that Tim’s family was stuck in Ponchatoula and was not going to be able to make it. So it was just Stan, Sydney, and me. As we left Campo’s we saw some birds working in the MRGO. We headed over to check them out and found the Trout eating on shrimp. Sydney was having a blast catching the biggest Trout of the day and also the only Red. Once this bite faded out we moved over into Lake Borgne and got on another good bite with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork finishing of our limits. It was a fun day of fishing with my brother and niece.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and this is a great time of year to be on the water. The fish are close in, hungry, and the weather is so nice. This is going to be an outstanding fall and winter fishing season, so don’t miss out on the fun. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:09 pm

About as good as it gets at the Beach. The fishing right now is some of the best of the year and close to the launch. The mild weather has made for some very nice days to be on the water. The Pat Tesson group of three had a great day. We made one stop in Lake Robin and limited out on Trout. We then made a move to the shore line where the guys put 10 Reds and a Drum in the box along with the 100 Trout. While looking for Reds we could not get away from the Trout. The guys had to through back some very pretty Trout since we had out limits already. It was a fun day of fishing with a great group of guys.

Glenn brought down a group of 5 for a day of catching and that is exactly what they did. We started off in Lake Borgne and had a good bite going. The guys and gals had a blast putting 70 or so Trout on ice before 9am then the action slowed down. We made a move to a rig in the lake and caught a bunch of huge Sheepshead and some nice big Trout to go with them. From there we headed into the marsh where the gang put some more Trout in the box along with a few Reds. Total for the day was 115 Trout, 13 heads, and 5 Reds.

The Jim Walther group of four had a great day. We started off in Lake Robin where there were birds everywhere, but could not get much going. We moved up into the mouth of a bayou falling into the lake and got on a good bite. We put 60 or more Trout on ice till a discourteous boater put an end to our bite by flying right through our action. We made a move over towards Four Horse/Lake John area. Made several moves try out some lagoons that usually hold some big Trout right now, but the grass was very thick and the fish far and few between. We ended up in a cove in Four Horse where we got on a good bite and the Trout were very nice with a few big ones mixed in. We headed on in with 110 Trout, 6 Reds, 1 Head, and 1Bass that was a good 18” long.

All fish caught under a cork with Campo’s live shrimp. The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and the fall/early winter fishing is on fire. This is some of the best fishing of the year. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Tuesday report from the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with Jim Walther and his crew. The guys stayed down at Jim’s camp and I took three of them with me and the other three went in one of their boats. The forecast was for highs in the upper 60’s and sunshine. Well it never got out of the 50’s and the clouds got thicker as the morning went on. The water was a cold 48*, falling, and very low. We made several stops in the Biloxi Marsh with only one Trout and a few Heads to show for. We worked our way to Stump Lagoon and around noon the tide started to slow up some, the water got a little warmer, and the Trout and Reds ate up. We sat in one spot and over filled the fish box. Cast to the left Trout, cast to the right Red. We headed on in with 100 Trout, 18 Reds, 2 Drum, and 6 Heads. Couldn’t fit them all in the fish box, had to put a few Reds in a basket so I could get the lid closed. The rest of the crew caught their limit with 75 Trout and a few Reds also. It was a fun time with a great bunch of guys.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and this will be a great winter fishing season. There are still some open dates and lots of fish to catch all winter long. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

PreviousNext

Return to Bay Boats