Shell Beach Report

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Re: Shell Beach Report

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Late report for last weekend at the Beach. The Robert Black group of 7 came down and stayed at Capt. Frank’s place and fished with me Friday and Saturday. Friday I had Rick, Nark, Layton, and John on my boat. Robert and the rest of the crew went on one of their boats. The plan was to head to the Sound and load up on Reds and Heads but once we got out to Eloi the wind was blowing pretty good. We worked the Rocks for a while waiting for the wind to lie down with very little to show for. The wind eventually dropped a little so we headed on out. We made one stop in the Sound and loaded the boat with all the Sheepshead we could fit in the boat. Also got a few Reds and Drum for the box and couple monsters ones that were released.

Saturday morning it was slick calm so we headed straight out to the Sound to the same rig and the Sheepshead were even crazier than the day before. Campo’s dead shrimp on a jig head fished on the bottom filled the fish box in no time. We then hit a few other rigs looking for some Reds, and found nothing but more Heads eating up. We spent the rest of the day looking for some Trout and Reds in the marsh, but it was tough with one fish here one fish there. The guys had a great time and can’t wait to get back down.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and the Spring season is looking good. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

http://www.unitedcharters.com
First class speckled trout and redfish
fishing charters in Shell Beach, Louisiana
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Report for last weekend from the Beach. I had groups both Friday and Saturday and both days the boat could hold no more fish. Friday I had AG and Walter both in from Houston. When we left the dock the wind was blowing a little, but when we hit Bay Eloi it is was foggy and the water got flat so out to the Sound we went. One stop was all it took for the guys to fill the boat with mostly Sheepshead and a few Puppy Drum. We also ran into a few Reds, but most were too big to keep. We stopped at the Rocks and added a few Trout to the box before calling it a day. They had a great time and headed home with plenty of tasty fillets.

Saturday I had John, his wife Jennifer, and couple of their friends. I did not think we were going to be able to get out to the Sound since the forecast and the actual wind was harder than the day before. To my surprise as I headed down the MRGO the flag at Hopedale was still. So we made a left and worked our way out to the Sound. Once again it was very foggy, thank God for radar. We hit the same rig as the day before and as soon as a jighead with dead shrimp was put in the water it was eaten up by a big Head. It did not take long till there was no more room in the fish box and they had fun catching and releasing for while. The crew caught several big Reds too that were released. We then made a few stops in the marsh looking for some keeper Reds and picked up a few along with some Drum and a few Trout that had to ride back to the dock in a basket since we could not cram another fish in the box.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and the Spring season is looking good. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue May 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Late report for last Friday at the Beach. I had pleasure of fishing with the Renshaw group, Brian, Allen, Chris, and Stan. These guys have been fishing with me several times a year for years now. For the last couple years every time the wind has been howling, but this time we got a break. The water was like glass and the Trout were eating up on Campo’s live shrimp under cork. When the bite slowed down we made a move and found some more Trout. The bite was a lot slower, but the size was a lot better. Mixed in with the Trout were a lot of Sheepshead. By the time we ran out of bait the fish box was too full to close the lid. Prety day on the water with a fun group of guys. Total for the day was 80 Trout, 32 Sheepshead, and 1 Flounder.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and the Trout bite is on big time. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon May 30, 2011 9:51 am

Friday and Saturday report from the Beach. Friday Jamey Sandefur brought down a crew of co works for some fishing fun to cap off the end of a big project they had been on. Three of them jumped in my boat and Capt. Tommy took the other three. The wind was blowing a little so we sat on the Rocks with the 500 other boats out there. The guys kept picking away at the fish, but the action eventually slowed. The wind dropped just a hair so I stuck my nose out toward the Sound and slowly made our way out in the chop. Once we got out there the water was clean and green and the guys started to put some pretty Trout in the boat. Nothing fast, but solid Trout and a bunch of Heads mixed in. We ended up with 76 Trout, 1 red, 2 Flounder, 2 Drum, and 30 Heads. Capt. Tommy stayed closer in and put together a nice box of Trout. The guys had a blast and went home with a ton of filets.

Saturday Corky Nall brought his two sons to the Beach for Trout action. Like the day before the wind was blowing harder than expected so we stayed in the MRGO fishing lee shorelines we could find picking away at the Trout. We had some steady action on some good Trout, but with lots of throw backs mixed in. We bailed out of that with about 30 Trout in the boat. I decided to head out into the Sound to try and find some deeper and cleaner water. It was a little bumpy on the way out, but the wind laid down while we were out and conditions got right. We made two stops and got on a couple of good bites. The Trout were big and mad a hell when they hit the surface. One after the other big Trout were flying in the boat. We hit 100 and had to sit on the box so the lid would close. Total for the day was 100 Trout, 12 heads, 2 Flounder, and 1 Red. They had a lot of fun and were a blast to fish with.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and the Trout bite is on big time. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:56 pm

Two days of fun on the Beach. Friday and Sunday I had Omar and Keith onboard. They come from San Diego to fish with me often. On Friday the winds were calm so we ran straight out deep into the Sound looking for some big fish. We bounced around a couple rigs picking up a few big Trout on each. We did get on a hot and fast bite, but the Trout were a little smaller than usual for these rigs. Still they were good Trout and we quickly filled our limits. We then hit a few spots in the marsh picking up some Reds and Drum to round out the box. Total was 100 Trout, 7 Reds, 2 Drum, and 10 Heads.

On Sunday Capt. Jakamo jumped on top help, but we were greeted with a strong NE wind that made getting out to the big Trout again impossible. We made a stop in Two Trees and picked up a few Trout before changing into Redfish mode. We covered a lot of water and never did find the Reds stacked up. Instead we did a lot of stick, pick up a few fish, and move. By the end of the day we put together a nice box of fish with 20 Reds, 20 Trout, 7 Drum, and 6 Heads.

All fish caught on Campo’s live shrimp fished both on the bottom with a Carolina rig and also 3’ under a cork.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Thursday fun on the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with Casey, his son Cody (7), and Jeff. There was a little breeze blowing, but not bad. We started out hitting a couple rigs in Eloi and got on a good bite at the second stop. The guys were putting some nice Trout in the boat then the bite died out on us. We made a move to a protected shore line and the Trout ate up the Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. With the Trout done we hit a few spots to look for some Reds. Made a few moves, picking up one here and there. With the bait well empty and the fish box stuffed we headed to the house. The guys had a fun day of fishing and we were rewarded with 100 Trout, 5 Reds, and 4 Heads.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby arialiu » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:57 pm

bevel eyewear Beveleywear

shades merely build special using a wide variety of ways for each and

every time of year. Several cool men and women hold ourselves updated

having classy eyewear coming from Versace.

sunglasses online Folks who do

not want to obtain the first printed sunglasses may get just as classy

plus going on imitation Versace eyewear to get the actual required

style statement.
bevel eyeglasses Your styles and

designs usually are attractive along with for sale in diverse merchants

devoid of placing virtually any impediment for storage compartments

regarding consumers. eyewear 2011

[/url]
arialiu

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Monday on the Beach I had the pleasure of fishing with Jeff Thompson, his son Jason, and a friend David. We were greeted by a south west wind that was blowing pretty good. We started out on a lee shore line and got on a very short lived bite of some nice Trout with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. From there we covered plenty ground fishing lee shorelines with plenty of action at every stop. There were lots of small Trout to weed through. Every stop we would put some keepers in the box till the dinks or Flipper would move in then we would move down a little and do it again. At our last stop we found some Reds up against the bank and had some fun with them till we were out of bait and called it a day. Ended up with 70 Trout, 12 Reds, and 1 Drum on ice and great time by all.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:53 am

Monday I had Larry Abbott, his wife, and a friend. We were greeted by a little breeze as we hit Eloi and bounced around a few rigs picking up a few Trout at each, but could not get a good bite going. Finally late in the morning we got on a good bite of some nice Trout. The action got fast for a little bit then it would slow and start back again. With plenty of Trout on ice we headed on in and called it a good day on the Beach with 70 pretty Trout on ice.

Tuesday Kyle Hayes and couple of his buddies were on board. They wanted to fish the Sound for big Trout. We did make a couple stops on the way out to the Sound and picked up several fish at each. The wind and water were flat when we made it to the Sound and the tide was ripping. The tide made for some tough fishing, but we fished hard bouncing around a lot of rigs picking away at the Trout at each stop. Only a few fish at each, but big Trout like they were looking for. The bite was very funny and soft. The excitement of the day was when Kyle was pulling in a 3 pound Trout and huge Red came up and tried to eat it. He pulled it from the big Red’s mouth just when a big Jack shot up to take a shot at the Trout. He got the Trout in the boat with only a few teeth marks on it. With a couple Drum, 1 Reds, and 12 Heads to go along with the 65 Trout the box was full to the top at the end of the day.

Friday It was Richard Wilson, Blake, Reed, and Mitchell. We started off in Eloi and got on a good bite of very nice Trout with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. Once they put 40 or so in the box the bite slowed down so we moved on. I ran around to look for another spot to try, but there were boats in every one so I hopped over to the other side of the MRGO. We made a few stops and put some fish in the boat at every one of them. With the heat coming on we called it a day and headed in with a pretty box of Trout and a great time by all.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Sunday I had Paul, Pablo, Enrique, and Mark on the boat. The guys have fished with me many times and know how to put a hurt on the Trout. We started off In Lake Fortuna and caught a few Trout where I found them the day before, but this day the little ones where thick. We made a move over to Eloi and got a hot Trout bite. With 100 Trout on ice we made a move to the Sound to look for some big Trout to fishing the box off. We hit a few stops picking up a few Heads and Spanish, but no Trout. We made one more stop as we headed in and finished off our limits. All fish caught on Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. Total for the day was 125 Trout, 5 Heads, and 2 Spanish.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

PreviousNext

Return to Bay Boats