06 202 250HPDI Problems need help

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bass boats.

06 202 250HPDI Problems need help

Postby ulukslo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:29 am

Ok I dont think Im retarded but I dont know that much about boats! Now that Ive admitted that here are my questions. It has a 27T1 its 5/8 below pad with a 16'' jackplate motor is in second hole. Just purchased the boat took it to the Yamaha Guru supposedly and he says its not setup correctly. Previous owner claims 83mph which I think is possible! Out of the whole trimmed completely down the boat will die about 4 seconds after you nail it! Which in turn results in a soaked a--! I put two guys in front of boat and featherd throttle for approx 500yards and it finally planed out. After planing out it would only run 70mph loaded and with half full gas. Hes telln me it has a mercuryswitch and I need to feather it out till it planes but Im calling BS on him! He replaced all fuel filters except for top one . The expensive one that is! Has a new water pump also. He said tanks were full of water and he got it alll out but I cant believe he let the boat leave in this shape! He also claims he took boat to water and ran it up to 73 at 5500rpm and I would have to feather it out of hole! Gimme some opinions I need some good advice! I guess my retard question is "can I take off trimmed all the way down?" I know thats a dumb question but Im starting to doubt myself. Other question is does it really have a mercury switch? Another thing I noticed was while I was on that long trek trying to get on plane I could shake the steering left to right and it would cut out when Id do it and smooth back up when I quit shaking it unless I gave it a little more throttle and then it would quit! It acts as if its starving for fuel! But I dont think this problem has anything to do with setup but I still need some mnore opinions other than mine!!
ulukslo

Re: 06 202 250HPDI Problems need help

Postby ulukslo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:18 am

My yall sure are alot of help!!
ulukslo

Return to Bass Boats