A few pictures wanted of back of boat

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

A few pictures wanted of back of boat

Postby Reef-addiction » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:27 pm

Im trying to find a few pictures of the back of the 2220 fisherman. Specifically looking for one with trim tabs to see where they are mounted. And where you have your transducer mounted.
Also a long shot but looking for a 25" shaft motor with a jack plate on it to see how high it raises the motor.
You can either post here, email, or text them whichever is easier.

Thanks,
Reef-addiction

Re: A few pictures wanted of back of boat

Postby Reef-addiction » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:46 pm

is there anyone that can help me out ?
Reef-addiction

Postby SQnismo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:56 am

this is a 2220 PRO but the hulls should be identical. this is also a 25" 225HO Etec with a Bobs 10" hyd jack plate.

sence this hull is designed for a 20" motor i am able to run the boat with the JP at +6" as long as the motor is trimed down. i can even trim the motor up a bit and still have good water presure as long as i dont make any tight turns. most of the time the JP is set at +4.5" - +5" (which is right where a 20" motor with a JP set at 0" would be.) and because of the longer motor when in shallow water i am unable to raise motor any higher with the JP. thus kinda defeating the purpose on having a hyd JP.
these are only a few of the pics i have on hand if you want any more or of different angles are anything let me know
2220 PRO/ 225H.O. E-TEC
SQnismo

Postby Reef-addiction » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:17 am

Thank you so much. That is exactly what I'm looking for. That gave me a good idea of where it will sit. One last question, about how much water does it take to get up on plane with the motor raised ? I realize mine is a little underpowered with just a 150 but buying used that's what I got. Mine seems like it takes at least four feet of water.
Thanks again
Reef-addiction

Postby SQnismo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:40 pm

iam in south Louisiana so the bottom is very soft mud so the motor can actually dig in just a little and still be ok.
i can take off going straight and not hit mud when my sonar says 2.0' if it says 1.9' i hit just a lil bit of mud but still get up fine.
in an emergency i can get up in 1.5' if i turn very sharply to the left, JP all the way up, and have a soft bottom.

4' sound like alot. even for a slightly underpowered boat.
where does the water line reach on the sides near the back? is it at, above, or below where the colored part meets the white.
2220 PRO/ 225H.O. E-TEC
SQnismo

Postby Reef-addiction » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:10 am

Never really checked since the boat is still pretty new to me. But I plan on going out again in anew weeks so I'll check then.
By then I should have my jack plate on (hopefully)
Reef-addiction

Postby Reef-addiction » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:16 am

Well I just ordered an atlas 10" hydraulic jack plate. See if that makes a difference.

Last question. With your jack plate all the way up is it enough to trailer it home without tilting the motor ?
Reef-addiction

Postby SQnismo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:04 am

if your traveling on dead flat ground then probally so. but its only about 8" off the ground when its hooked up to my truck.

can i make a suggestion on your choice of JP.
get a 4" setback static JP and mount that on the boat that is set to raise the motor about 4". then get a 6" setback atlas hydraulic JP and mount that behind the static.
that way when the atlas is set to 0" of lift the motor is at the proper height relative to the boat hull. this will give u a full 0-6" of lift relative to the boat hull with the atlas for when your in shallow water.
if you only go with the hydraulic JP your going to find yourself setting it at 5-6" and leaving it there. (just like i do) because any lower than that the motor will be too low relative to the bottom of the hull. kinda defeats the propose of being able to lift the motor with a hydraulic JP. you might as well get a 10" setback 5" lift static JP and spend less money.

i know it might be kinda confusing and hard to explain over the net but sit back and think about what the motor needs to do and what just the atlas will let the motor do. if you need me to try and explain more just ask.
2220 PRO/ 225H.O. E-TEC
SQnismo

Return to Bay Boats