Shell Beach Report

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Re: Shell Beach Report

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:16 pm

Fun Wednesday at the Beach. Today the Herman boys were onboard, Don, Chris, and their dad Don. After a stop by Campo’s for bait we headed over to the Hopedale marsh where we stopped by the mouth of a bayou with the tide falling out of it. Fishing with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork the guys started to put some pretty Trout in the boat. The bite was not fast and would start and stop, but the fish were very nice. With 50 or so on ice we made a couple of moves picking up a few Trout at each. We got on a couple more good Trout bites and before long we had our limits in the box. There were a couple interruptions to the Trout bite by one nice Red, several Rat Reds, some Sheepshead and a huge Drum we released. The guys had a great time on a pretty day. Total for the day was 100 Trout, 12 Heads, 1 Red, 1 Puppy Drum.

The Fall fishing in Shell Beach is some of the best of the year. The fish are close, hungry, and the weather is nice. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

http://www.unitedcharters.com
First class speckled trout and redfish
fishing charters in Shell Beach, Louisiana
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Weekend report from the Beach. Friday and Saturday I had groups both days for Jim Walther. Friday it was Jim, Bucky Meredith, and Rich Mauti. We had a cold front blast through the day before and it was cold and the wind was blowing strong. We headed over to the Lake Robin area and our first stop produced only one Trout. We made another stop further down the shoreline and it was our last. Fishing with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork the Trout were hitting the ice at a steady pace. There also were a lot of Sheepshead mixed in with the Trout and they really got the drags screaming. Before you knew it our limits of Trout were done and with all the Heads there was no more room in the box. It was a great day of fishing in not so good conditions. Total for the day was 100 Trout, 25 Heads, 1 Red, and 1 Drum.

Saturday I had Billy & Reed Michaelis, Jessica Walther & David Osbourne onboard. The wind was still howling and the overcast sky made for a cold start. We headed over the same spot as the day before, but did not find much action. We made a move down the shoreline and got on a slow but steady bite of some nice Trout and Heads. When this bite faded out we headed to a bit more protected pond off of Lake Robin to look for some Reds. It was a good move, and the gang put a nice mix of fish on ice there. Reds were right up against the grass, the Drum hanging a little off the shoreline, and some nice big Trout to the side of the boat. With no more room in the ice cheat to cram another fish and a basket full of fish on the floor we headed to back to Jim’s camp. Total for the day was 70 Trout, 23 Heads, 15 Drum, 8 Reds, and 1 Bass. Jim and some of his family had a great day also with 77 pretty Trout in his boat.

The Fall fishing in Shell Beach is some of the best of the year. The fish are close, hungry, and the weather is nice. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. I also have an opening Friday and few open days next week. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:37 am

Tuesday report from the Beach. Tuesday I took Gary Migliory out for and afternoon trip. The wind was blowing pretty good ahead of the coming cold front and the tide was rising nicely. We headed over to some no name ponds off of the Twin Pipeline. At our first stop near a point Gary pulls in a nice bass while I am pulling in a nice Trout. We picked up a few more bass and Trout till the rat Reds took over. We moved to a larger pond and started drifting while casting out Campo’s live shrimp under a cork. Here we put some really nice Trout on ice. We drifted across the pond to a point that I like to fish for Reds where I stuck the Power Pole. The Reds were there and hungry, only problem was that most were just a hair over 27”. We released a bunch of Reds to put 9 good ones on ice. A lot of fish and a lot of fun was had, with 45 pretty Trout, 9 Reds, 6 Bass, 1 Drum, 1 Head.

The Fall fishing in Shell Beach is some of the best of the year. The fish are close, hungry, and the weather is nice. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. I have a few open days next week. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Friday report from the Beach. AG Davis brought three of his buddies from Houston to show them what incredible fishing we have here in Shell Beach. There was a chill in the air and the NE wind made for a brisk ride to our first stop in the Lake Robin area. Fishing with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork the guys started to put some good Trout in the box with a couple of Puppy Drum mixed in. The bite was not that fast so we made a short move to another point and found some more Trout. When that bite slowed down we made a drift across the lagoon and caught some really nice sized Trout. Drifting was the trick that helped us fill the box to the top with fish. We called it a day with a few short of our limits that one more drift would have filled, but they said they had enough and I don’t know where we could have crammed any more in the box. Total for the day was 117 Trout, 4 Reds, 8 Drum, 3 Flounder, and 8 Bass. Nice mix of fish and a lot of fun for everyone.

I had a cancelation and now have this Friday and Saturday open. Take advantage of this and come see how hot the fishing is right now. Forget the malls and let’s go load the boat.

The Fall fishing in Shell Beach is some of the best of the year. The fish are close, hungry, and the weather is nice. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. I have a few open days next week. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Good as it gets at the Beach Monday. Yesterday I got to take my father in law JC and my daughter Izabella fishing. It was real foggy as we pulled from Campo’s, but no problem for the radar. We headed over to the Lake Robin area and only picked up one Trout at our first stop. Our second stop did not produce much more except a couple nice Trout and a good Red that Izabella caught. From there we headed to a lagoon that I caught them in Friday and it was the right move. We started to make a drift across the lagoon with Camop’s live shrimp under a cork. We got about half way across and got a few fast bites, so I dropped the spear and we never left. We were slinging beautiful Trout after Trout into the boat. In short order we filled our limits. I moved us over to the shoreline to look for a few Reds, but would only bite Izabella’s hook. After putting two on ice we headed to the house with 75 Trout, 3 Reds, 6 Drum, and 2 Bass.

The Fall fishing in Shell Beach is some of the best of the year. The fish are close, hungry, and the weather is nice. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

We are teenagers

Postby tigerbivi83 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:07 am

Nice to hear something like this every once in a while ,doudoune moncler, but you have to remember: We are teenagers, we don't appreciate. We just nag, nag and nag till we get it .But I really appreciate it,Moncler, good work everyone . I expect that secret project within a month page .
<a href="http://www.ladoudounemoncler.com">moncler</a>,<a href="http://www.ladoudounemoncler.com">doudoune moncler</a>,[u=http://www.ladoudounemoncler.com]doudoune moncler[/u],[u=http://www.ladoudounemoncler.com]moncler[/u].
tigerbivi83

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:36 pm

The fishing is red hot at the Beach!!! After a stop by Campo’s for bait I headed over to Proctor’s Landing where I picked up Lenny, Todd, John, and Brock at Lenny’s camp. We headed over to the Lake Robin area and where I stuck the Power Pole once and we never moved. Fishing with Campo’s live shrimp under a cork the guys were flinging very nice Trout in the boat one after the other. The bite would get fast, then slow, then pick up again. In two hours we had our limits of Trout along with some chucky Bass and a Flounder. We moved over closer to the shore to look for some Reds and picked up a few with some Drum too. With the fish box crammed to the top with fish we headed on back to the camp. Total for the day was 125 Trout, 10 Bass, 5 Reds, 5 Drum, 4 Heads, and 1 Flounder. The guys had a great time were a lot of fun to fish with.

The winter fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and will stay hot for a while. This is some of the best fishing of the year. I have several open dates so book your Christmas or New Years trip soon. Don’t forget that a fishing charter gift certificate makes for a great stocking stuffer. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:32 am

Monday Trout haul at the Beach. WT Myers brought down Bill, John, and Ed for some of our spectacular winter fishing. The water was low and still falling as we headed over to the Lake Robin area. We made our first stop in Bayou Batola. Fishing with Campo’s live shrimp on the bottom the guys put some good Trout in the boat. The bite looked like it was really going to turn on, but it faded out as the tide did with 30 Trout and a couple Reds on ice. We made a move over to a point on the lee side of Robin and got on a steady bite 3’ under a cork. We sat there and finished off our limits. Total for the day was 125 Trout, 2 Reds, 3 Drum, 15 heads, and 1 Bass.

The winter fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and will stay hot for a while. This is some of the best fishing of the year. I have several open dates so book your Christmas or New Years trip soon. Don’t forget that a fishing charter gift certificate makes for a great stocking stuffer. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Breton Sound meat haul last Saturday on the Beach. I had Grady Erwin and his two sons wanted to get out to the Sound and catch a bunch of Sheepshead. The conditions look iffy. The wind forecast was 10-15 and a front with rain was on the way. We left the dock with fog and some breeze blowing. I decided to stop short in the marsh and look for some Reds. We made a couple of stops, but only managed to put two Reds in the box. The tide was low and falling so I decided to give going outside a shot. We were pleasantly surprised to find the conditions not too bad as we got to the MRGO rocks and pushed on to the Sound. It actually got smoother as we got further out and while we were fishing the wind laid down nicely. We bounced around several rigs catching plenty of fish at each, only thing the Sheepshead were scarce. Good thing the Drum and Reds were thick. It was nonstop action with rods bent and drags screaming. The guys filled the box limiting out on Drum and big Reds, along with a few Heads. They also caught and released a lot of big Reds and Drum that were too big to keep. We beat the oncoming weather and the crew had a blast, taking home a bunch of meat.

We are still catching a lot of fish on the marsh on windy days and on calm days the bite out in the Sound for big fish is hot and getting better. Come on down and get in on the fun. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Breton Sound meat haul on the Beach Tuesday. Onboard were Tim, Jens, Kenny, and Stan. The water was slick as glass on the way out and we headed straight out to the Sound. We made one stop and overfilled the fish box really fast. Before the last man could toss a dead shrimp on a jig head out two others were already hooked up and drags screaming. It was monster Sheepshead one after the other. I could hardly keep up with netting them. The guys caught and released a bunch more that we had no room for with a basket full that would not fit in the ice chest. We headed back in and made a couple stops in Eloi and picked up some pretty Trout at each stop. Most were caught on plastics under a cork and few on minnows. I had to empty the drink box and fill it up with the extra Heads and 20 Trout to top it off. The guys had a blast and left with a bunch of bags of the best eating filets in the Gulf.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and the spring fishing is heating up. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

PreviousNext

Return to Bay Boats