Shell Beach Report

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Re: Shell Beach Report

Postby Steven » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:44 am

Hi Capt. Rory Rorison,

Congratulations, you have caught great number of fish. and thank you for sharing pictures an your fishing story. Please share some more fishing pics, if you can..
Steven

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Good Friday report from the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with the Matt Fontane group. On my boat I had Matt and his wife Lisa, along with two of their kids Lidia and Pierson. Capt. Frank ran the rest of the group consisting of Brandon, Devon, Lee, Rebecca, and Alex. Conditions were not so good that morning. A front blew through the night before and the wind made it too rough to get outside to the Reds and Heads we have been on. Good thing was the water had not all blown out so we stayed in the marsh fishing windblown shorelines and points with Campo’s shrimp under a cork. Both boats put together good boxes of Reds and Drum with a few Trout mixed in and everyone had a great time on the water.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and the spring fishing is heating up. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

http://www.unitedcharters.com
First class speckled trout and redfish
fishing charters in Shell Beach, Louisiana
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue May 08, 2012 9:25 am

Late report for Friday from the Beach. I had the pleasure of having the Renshaw group for another round of fish killing. Onboard were Brian, Terry, Alan, and Chris. After a stop by Campo’s for their famous live shrimp we headed out to Eloi and got on a good bite of some nice Trout. Our action was cut short at 77 Trout by some guys nice enough to pull up right on top of where we were fishing and drop anchor. From there we headed out toward the Sound and got a call from Capt. Kerry and he was finishing up on a good bite. We slid in as he slid out and it took a few minutes to get the fish started again, but once they did it was on. Plenty of Spanish and Sharks to contend with, but the Trout did not mind. The guys filled the box to the top and we headed back to the Beach. They had a great time we finished with 125 pretty Trout, 2 Heads, and 1 Drum.

The fishing in Shell Beach as good as it gets right now and the Trout are eating up the live shrimp. It is going to be a great spring/summer season, don’t miss out. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Late reports from the Beach. Monday I had the pleasure of fishing with Jeff, David, and Jason. The wind was blowing as it has been, but we pounded it out and headed out to the Sound. The first rig we stopped by was covered in boats, so we move over to the next one. Capt. Jonathon waved us over and we anchored up not far from him. Once we got the Campo’s live shrimp in the water, it was on. The guys were pulling in Trout one after the other. I joined in with plastics and the Trout ate that up too. When we got to #99 on ice the bite died and we could not buy another bite. We left there and headed back closer in to look for Reds. At our first stop we found nothing but Trout, so we kept the one and released a few others before moving on. We made several moves and picked up a few Reds and Drum to add to the box. Total was 100 Trout, 4 Reds, 2 Drum, and a few Heads.

Tuesday I had Tom, Joe, and Colin. The guys were passing through New Orleans on their motorcycles from Phoenix, AZ on the way home to Nova Scotia and wanted to see what our fishing was like. We started out in Eloi making a few stops and not finding any fish. The west wind was blowing pretty good, but we pounded it on out to the Sound and got on a good bite of some nice sized Trout till the sharks took over and shut it down. By now the winds were picking up so we headed closer in and worked our way to the interior marsh. We caught fish at every stop and the guys caught just about everything that swims, Trout, Reds, Drum, Heads, Spanish, Blue Fish, Sharks, you name it. The guys were not keeping any fish, but I kept some for my dad. They had a great time and took off on their next adventure on the road.

The fishing in Shell Beach as good as it gets right now and the Trout are eating up the live shrimp. It is going to be a great spring/summer season, don’t miss out. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:33 am

Good day Friday at the Beach. Today I had Robert Perilloux and three of his sons on the boat. We headed out to the Sound and got on several bites, but the trash fish, Ladyfish, Spanish, Bluefish, and Sharks were bad. Lots of action, but not much for the box. We moved over towards Black Bay and got on a decent Trout bite and started to fill the box. The guys got the count up to 75 Trout, but by then we had burned through our 400 shrimp so we headed to the house with a nice box of fish and get out of the heat.

The fishing in Shell Beach as good as it gets right now and the Trout are eating up the live shrimp. It is going to be a great summer season, don’t miss out. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 am

Friday and Saturday report from the Beach. Both days I had the pleasure of fishing with Scott Fankhouser, his dad Mike and hid fishing buddy Mike. They spent the night down at Capt. Frank’s lodge. Friday we were greeted by a westerly breeze that made the ride to the Sound a little bumpy. Our first stop was mostly catfish, but at the second stop the Trout were flying in the boat. The guys had a blast and filled up the ice box quick. By then the wind laid down to make our ride back in nice and with the cloud cover and little breeze it made for a great day on the water. 100 Trout and a few Spanish.

Saturday my brother Stan who is close friends with Scott joined us. We headed back out into the Sound to where we left them the day before. We bounced around a couple rigs picking up a few Trout at each, but not finding a good bite. There was a storm building in the Sound and as it got closer to us the wind picked up and made fishing tough so we made a run from it and stopped on the edge of Black Bay. Here we got on a good Trout bite and the guys took care of business. Once the bite slowed down the count was up to 115 Trout and several Spanish so we called it a great day and headed to the house.

All fish caught on Campo’s live shrimp both 3” under a cork and free-lined with a small split shot.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:48 am

Wet, but fun Friday and Saturday on the Beach. Friday Todd Dumont brought three of his friends from New Jersey to show them how special our fishing is down here. The guys could not have picked a much worse day. The rain started as we pulled off and the wind with it. The crew was gung ho, so they suited up with rain gear and we pressed on. We started out in the marsh looking for Reds and the guys put 6 pretty Reds on ice in the rain. The weather broke a little so we headed out into Black Bay and got the guys on a good Trout bite till the weather ran us off. We ended the day with 40 Trout and 6 Reds. The guys had a lot of fun were fun to fish with.

Saturday I had Rob, David, and Sidney on the boat. With all the rain around the day before we were pleasantly surprised to have none around us and the wind was clam. We ran straight out to the Sound and got on a good Trout bite at the first stop. Campo’s live shrimp under a cork were putting Trout after Trout in the boat, and I could hardly keep up. All of a sudden the switch went off and the action stopped. We made a couple moves and got on some more Trout. With 90 Trout and 2 Reds on ice the guys said enough and we headed to the house early to beat the building rain. The crew was a blast to be with and it is always nice to have good experienced fishermen on the boat.

The fishing in Shell Beach as good as it gets right now and the Trout are eating up the live shrimp. The Trout action is hot and will remain so, don’t miss out. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:22 am

Shark week at the Beach. Last week may have been Shark Week on The Discovery Chanel, but I did not need a TV to see the action. Thursday I had the Jim Walther group and we headed deep into the Sound looking for big Trout. We found more sharks and trash fish than Trout, but the Trout we could get past the sharks were very nice. You just had to horse them in so fast the guys lost a lot of them to pulled hooks or teeth. One of the guys had a big Red coming to the boat when a 7’ or better crashed it at boat side leaving only a head. While we all sat there in amazement he came back for the rest of the Red. We guys had to be back early, but put 30 pretty Trout on ice with constant hook up the whole time.

Friday the crew from Salathe Oil were on board. We headed over to Black Bay to try and get away from the sharks in the Central area. Our first stop produced a few keeper Trout and the fish of the day, a nice Triple Tail caught by Stan, first on my boat. I also hooked into a few others that were hanging around another rig we fished, but broke them all off on the rig legs. We made a few stops and got on a few good bites with only a few Shark shows before the weather blew up and ran us in. We made a stop in the mash picked up a few Reds and Drum to fill the box. We ended the day with 60 Trout, 12 Heads, 3 Reds, 4 Drum, and 1 Triple Tail.

Saturday I had the Lance DeGeneres and his crew of 6. The forecast did not look good, but the weather man blew it. It was clear, calm, and hot to start off, but the rain was approaching. We started out near the Rocks and the guys put a few Trout in the box, but the Spanish Macs were thick and we went through a lot of hooks and bait. We made a move out deep into the Sound and the water was as clear as I have seen it. To our surprise the Sharks were not there, but the big Reds sure were. The guys had a blast catching their limits of big Reds along with a few pretty Trout. We then moved back toward the Rocks and got on some Trout before we ran out of bait and ran in from the weather. The guys ended the day with 55 Trout, 7 Reds, a few Heads, a bunch of Spanish, and 3 Flounder.

The fishing in Shell Beach as good as it gets right now and the Trout are eating up the live shrimp. Fall fishing is on its way with some of the best fishing of the year to come, and dates are filling fast, don’t miss out. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:28 am

Fun Thursday on the Beach. My buddy Brian and I headed out on a pretty day to put some fish on ice and show him some areas to fish with his son in his boat. We stopped by Campo’s for gas and bait then went to the Lake Robin area. The tide was high and falling hard, but the water not very clean. Our first stop produced a few very nice Trout and a couple Drum before the small Trout took over. We made a few moves picking up a few fish at each stop, mostly Trout and Drum. We hit one point that was full of Reds and here we got our limits of Reds. It was a blast with the reds hitting the corks a few times before they could find the shrimp under it. From there we picked up a few more Trout before heading closer to the house. I wanted to show Brian a couple close spots in Lake Borgne to try and we found the Sheepshead stacked up, could have sunk the boat with them I think. After keeping a bunch we called it a day and headed back to town early. Ended up with 10 Reds, 8 Drum, 12 Heads, and 22 Trout.

The Fall fishing in Shell Beach is heating up and temps drop. Don’t miss out on some of the best fishing of the year. Campo’s is back open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Late report for last Friday from the Beach. I had the pleasure of having the Renshaw group, Brian, Terry, John, and Stan in for a Trout slaughter. We were treated to ideal conditions with a lot of fog. We stayed close and fished in Lake Borgne making 3 stops with lots of action at each. Campo’s specially trained live shrimp under a cork did the damage. These guys know how to fish and a lot of fun on the boat. They had a great time as did I. Total for the day was 125 pretty Trout, 16 Heads, 6 Drum, and 2 Reds.

The Fall fishing in Shell Beach is heating up as the temps drop. Don’t miss out on some of the best fishing of the year. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

PreviousNext

Return to Bay Boats