Shell Beach Report

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Re: Shell Beach Report

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:34 am

Tuesday on the Beach. Jerry had his friend Bill in from California and wanted to show him what our fishing was like here in Louisiana. We headed out on a typical beautiful fall day after a stop by Campo's for bait. Our first stop in a pond off of Four Horse provided us with some good action, but there were lots of small trout mixed in. We drifted closer to the shore and here the guys put some Drum,Heads, and nice Reds in the box. Wanting more Trout action we made a move to a point in Four Horse and it was on. The Trout action got sidelined for short time while Bill battled the biggest Red of the day, then it was back at the trout till our limits were filled. They both had a great time and we ended up with 75 Specks, 12 White Trout, 5 Reds, 2 Drum, and 4 Heads.

The Fall bite is here and the fish are closer in and hungry. Don’t miss out on the best fishing of the year, call today. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

http://www.unitedcharters.com
First class speckled trout and redfish
fishing charters in Shell Beach, Louisiana
Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:19 am

The Will Andress crew hit the Beach Saturday. I had a fun day fishing with three generations of them all with the same name. It was a pretty day with cool temps, no clouds, and the gail force winds of the day before has settled down. We made one stop a pond I like to fish near Four Horse and put together a great box of fish. We limited out on some pretty Trout and had a few other creatures in the mix. Campo's live shrimp under cork did all the damage. 100 Trout, 3 Reds, 1 Drum, 2 Heads, and 1 Flounder.

I still have several open days this month and plenty open days in December so get on the books now while the fishing is hot.

The Fall bite is here and the fish are closer in and hungry. Don’t miss out on the best fishing of the year, call today. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Fun Friday with Jim Walther, Rich Mauti, and Bucky Meredith. I picked the guys up at Jim's camp and we hit the marsh near Four Horse. We made one stop today and never moved till the limits were full and box stuffed. The guys caught some pretty Trout and limits of big Reds while having to throw several big ones back. The rain was catching up with us so to the camp we headed. Live shrimp and Matrix Shad under a cork did the damage. 100 Trout, 7 Reds, and 4 Drum.

I still have several open days this month and plenty open days in December so get on the books now while the fishing is hot.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:16 pm

Big fun and big fish on the Beach. Saturday I had the pleasure of taking Jason and his kids Graham and Zoe out to Breton Sound. We bounced around few wellheads and got on a couple really good bites with drags screaming and faces smiling. They loaded the boat with limits of big Reds releasing many more and crammed all the Sheephead we could cram in the fish box.

The action outside on big fish is hot right now, and plenty of good fish in the marsh still when the wind won't let us get outside. The Speckled Trout bite is picking up is about to blow wide open any day now once we get some good conditions. Give me a call now to get your date booked for a fishing trip of your lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Sat May 10, 2014 10:06 am

Friday report from the Beach. Good thing my crew did not buy into Bob Breck's doom and gloom 100% rain forecast. AG and Dennis caught a nice box of fish and we did not catch one drop of rain. 35 pretty Trout, 6 Red, 10 Drum, and 2 Flounder. Trout were caught on Matrix Shads and Reds and Drum ate Campo's Dead shrimp.

The Speckled Trout bite is really tuning on along with lots of Reds in the marsh. The action on big fish (reds and heads) in the Sound will continue for another few weeks. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Fri May 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Wednesday yak invasion at the Beach. Ty Hibbs and Casey Brunning brought down their kayaks and loaded them up in the Blazer Bay and we headed out to try and put some fish in the boats before the weather set in. We wanted to push further out into the Sound, but with the weather fast approaching we stayed in the MRGO. The guys set off in the yaks armed with top water baits and Matrix Shads. They had some good top water action early, then the Matrix Shads and Vortex Shads did the rest of the damage. We did not beat the weather, it beat us, but these guys don't quit. They fished through the rain, and with another squall on the way we packed it in and headed to the house. It was a fun and productive day with 35 pretty Trout and 1 Head on ice.

I am now offering kayak mother-ship trips so give me a call, let's set a date and bring down your yaks to get in on the summer time Trout bite. Or book a regular charter for some serious fun.

The Speckled Trout bite is really tuning on along with lots of Reds in the marsh. The action on big fish (reds and heads) in the Sound will continue for another few weeks. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Mon May 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Nice Trout haul today at the Beach. I ran a group today for Capt. Frank Moore, aka The King. We made one stop and fished up and down a shoreline on the edge of the Sound. It was not a crazy fast bite, but steady and by 10:00 the guys called it quits with 117 Trout, 4 Heads, and 2 Flounder. Campo's live shrimp fished under a cork did the trick.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Wed May 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Overtime on the Beach Tuesday. Yesterday I ran the Ray King group for Capt. Frank Moore, Fishing With the King. Ray, Bill, Frank, and Blake hopped in the Blazer Bay and we made a stop by Campo's for their famous live shrimp before heading out. We were greeted with a stout SE wind that limited our options and had dirtied the water up pretty bad. We made several stops and fished hard with little to show for. By 1:00 we only had 12 Trout and a couple Flounder no ice. We headed back to where we started, made a drift and got a couple bites so it dropped anchor and the fish went nuts. We had plenty throw backs to weed through, but Flipper was happy to snatch they up when tossed back. They ate up the live shrimp under a cork and the Vortex Shads tight lined. By 3:15 we called it a day with 94 Trout, 4 Heads, and 3 Flounder.

The Speckled Trout bite is really tuning on along with lots of Reds in the marsh. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Wed May 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Quicky on the Beach today. After yesterday's long grind I got lucky. I had Stan, Tim, and Jens on the Blazer Bay today. Armed with Campo's specially trained live shrimp we headed out to the edge of the Sound and made our first and last stop. I dropped my new Minn Kota iPilot trolling motor down, moved a short way and down went the corks. I hit the Spot Lock and the iPilot (man I love this thing) went to work holding us in position while my crew went to work on the Trout. Pretty Trout were flying into the boat. The action would stop then start again and with only a few fish short of our limits the bite got slow, but by 9:45 Trout number 100 was chilling in the box along with 2 nice Flounder. Live shrimp fished 3' under a cork did most of the damage, but the Vortex Shad in the Kamikaze color on the Golden Eye jig head tight lined with a steady retrieve held it's own catching some really nice Trout.

The Speckled Trout bite is really turning on along with lots of Reds in the marsh. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

Postby Capt. Rory Rorison » Wed May 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Fun morning Tuesday at the Beach. Andre Savoie brought his kids Adam, Noah, and Sarah down for some Trout action. They have been doing some snapper fishing and were looking for a change of pace. The wind was blowing harder than expected so we stayed in a protected area close to the Sound. Fishing with Campo's live shrimp under a cork the kids put some nice Trout on ice. Adam held his own and Noah and Sarah kept Andre and I busy baiting and casting out as they reeled in the fish. Flipper showed up and kept trying to eat the Trout and he got a little to close to the hook on one of them. He did not like the taste of metal in his mouth and shot off like a rocket. I was able to reach over and grab the spool to break him off before he made off with all my Power Pro. The winds got silly so we called it an early day with 55 fat Trout and 1 Sheepshead in the box. While I was cleaning the fish I set the kids up with a big pole and a trout head for bait. It did not take long before I heard a commotion and Sarah was hooked up with a big Gar. She got it close enough and First-mate Logan made the kill shot. After some photos of the beast Logan cleaned it up to give to friend of his that loves them.

The Speckled Trout bite is really tuning on along with lots of Reds in the marsh. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison

PreviousNext

Return to Bay Boats