Boat dry weights increased

Discussion of Blazer's line of Bay boats.

Boat dry weights increased

Postby minner » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:44 am

I was loooking at all the boat specs and it looks like all the boats gained a little weight. Looks like the 2220 Pro had about a 400lb increase in weight......
Were the numbers that far off on the old website?

Another though came to mind, you always here people comparing weight to ride. This holds somewhat true but with the increased spec weight it makes these boats more comparable to other heavier models. Might not be so easy to play the ol' "weight card" in comparisons now.
minner

Re: Boat dry weights increased

Postby Blazer Johnnie » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:04 pm

Two reasons for the listed "increase" in weights on the boats.

Some of you are aware and for those who aren't, last February Blazer was fortunate to hire the General Manager, Production Foreman and the Head of the Tooling Department from one of the largest boat companies in America.

The "New Team" was brought in to increase the quality of our product as well as develope a plan to increase our production numbers. Since their arrival, they have been going over our entire operation. As we are always working to improove our quality the new team decided on some different construction methods that on some of our models did increase the weights.

Also, they have purchased numerous tools and pieces of equiptment to assist us in building a higher quality product, one of which was a new set of digital scales. Hence, we now have an accurate weight total of our boats.

Beginning July 1st with the introduction of our 2008 models you will now be getting from Blazer not only correct weights but a better constructed product. Not to say what we have had in the past has not been great, we just keep trying to make it better for our customers and will continue to do so in the future.

If anyone needs any further explination please feel free to contact me at 936-443-1707.

Have a Merry Christmas and I hope to see all of you at one of your area boat shows after the first of the year. I will be posting a list of the boat shows that I will be attending within a couple of days.

Blazer Johnnie ;)
Blazer Johnnie
Site Admin

Postby minner » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:43 pm

Excellent reply. Thanks
minner

Postby Mentalic » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:47 pm

I saw a weight increase listed on the 2170 as well.
Dry weights are misleading anyway. Dry weight has nothing to do with being wet, its about not having any hardware mounted on the hull, no bolts no hinges no metal hardware, no nothing, just the naked glass hull. Vendors are not consistent in how they list there weights making it harder to compare. It would be more useful for boaters if the industry would list weights ready to launch with typical engine packages.
Blazer Bay 2170, Yamaha F150, Minkota autopilot, Garman 178c
Mentalic

Postby Blazer Johnnie » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:00 am

I agree. Let me see what I can do about that.

Blazer Johnnie ;)
Blazer Johnnie
Site Admin

Return to Bay Boats